Gold Prospecting Search

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off hello everyone! I know this is going to be a short notice, but actually going prospecting in Montcalm county tomorrow if anyone else by chance is interested. Not doing anything crazy at all, just panning here and there, and wondering if anyone would like to tag along maybe. Thanks everyone.

Sluice Box

JoeB45

Greenie
Jan 1, 2012
Branch County, MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to tag along this spring after I return from Florida and have had a chance to get some panning equipment obtained.

OP
OP
Sluice Box

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a plan Joe. Haven't honestly found anyone else personally in the area who is in into prospecting. Yeah, I have a few pans myself here and there, but in the process of building a sluice. Been panning here and there lately, found a few specks here and there actually, but really looking forward to this weather warming up.

Sluice Box

JoeB45

Greenie
Jan 1, 2012
Branch County, MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking of plans for a sluice box myself. Just found some interesting info and free plans for one on mygoldpanning.com website. Some useful tips there as well.

Probably won't build mine until March. Let me know how yours comes out.

Question for you. How are you gaining access to the local streams and what are the legal considerations I should be aware of?

OP
OP
Sluice Box

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey what's going on Joe? Yeah I've actually seen those plans myself. I'm actually going for something small, probably just a 3 foot sluice, that way I'm able to carry it further distances and easier to carry through terrain. And the stream situation. Well I've just been going to public area's that are designated here and there for local rivers and streams. Most of the time, I'm just driving around looking for these areas. I have actually found 2 decent spots where nobody would even pay no attention. I have panned though in much more populated areas and had no issues. Just make sure that your not digging into the banks on the rivers or streams, then DNR might get butt hurt! Good luck, and HH!

Sluice

masterofdisaster

Jan 24, 2012
Ionia,michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just wondering if ya made it prospecting...Live in Ionia county here...theres supposed to be small traces of gold in many streams in michigan..headed to daytona the end of march..the get in some beach detecting..

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Prospecting.jpg
    Prospecting.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 398