placer mining partner needed!

Rockhunter1620

Feb 1, 2012
S.E. Mi.
Detector(s) used
F-75 S.E.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey fellers, names Frank and I'm needin a mining partner. I live on the monroe/wayne co. border but through a good amount of research I've been able to locate a creek SW of Lansing approx. 1 mile in linear length. This creek is NOT a designated trout stream and it runs right through a glacial morain comprised of heavy/course glacial till. And it's positioned within the bounderies of a very large state game area. Recreational panning is legal there. I also have exact GPS cords for 5 key locations on this creek where there is substancial flour deposits starting from the creek bottom surface down to 3 ft. Excavating and processing material from these 5 locations is gonna take, at least 2 guys, 5-8 three day visits throughout the summer. This creek is located in some of the roughest, heavily forested, with tons of undergrowth and deadfall, in places, severely rugged. The surounding grounds and crop fields are approx. 810 ft. above sea level, the creek itself winds through a narrow ravine that drops to 750 ft. above sea level, and the walk from a place to park to the 1rst. location will be as much as 3000 ft, through thick forest and down a deep ravine, the other 4 locations are distanced in 1000 ft. increments from the 1rst. location.All interested fellers, (needless to say) should be in relatively good shape and have severe amount of GOLD FEVER like me! So fer now, any interested fellers will need to PM me to exchange ph.#'s so we can meet, make friends, and then begin to plan the logistics involved in such a prospecting/mining adventure!.............RH :skullflag:

Sluice hunter

Greenie
May 29, 2012
Huron Co, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Jetco Treasure Hawk. Trying to get a real one!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RH, what kind of mining are you talking about? I actually built my own Sluice box 'hence the name'. Im from Bowling Green but live an hour away but come back to BG most weekends. My sis is a paramedic in Monroe Co. I've got 3 gold pans and my Sluice box. You ever check out the Swank claim in Bellville,Oh?

OP
OP
Rockhunter1620

Rockhunter1620

Feb 1, 2012
S.E. Mi.
Detector(s) used
F-75 S.E.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey S.H., Just simple surface placer mining, I don't have a sluice yet cause I wont settle for anything less than an Angus Mac Kirk.-"#6-Expedition" so right now, all I have is a shovel, 5gal. buckets, (a bunch of those, cause I'm a painter) 3 classifiers, and a black 17in./8 riffle gold pro-pan, (Mi. gold is mostly micro fine flour with some flake and some pickers) and the green garret pan that comes with a GPAA membership. (I am a GPAA member till sept. of 2013) Simply just diggin in a creek bed, classifing down to cons, and then pannin out the cons. As much as I'd like to prospect some Ohio claims, my financial resorces are limmiting me to locations closer to home at this time. and this creek I've researched is only a 2hr. drive from home.

Greg-in-MI

Apr 5, 2008
Hey Frank, Greg here. Given the great mineral deposits in the u.p. why are you setteling for table scraps. Their was a copper float nugget found a couple of years ago 20 ton. Been doing massive research. Heading up in spring before bugs get to bad give me a shout. [email protected]

lilvictot2

Jun 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello there fellow miner. I was wondering if you were still lokking for a mining partner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread