Traverse City area

Apr 28, 2019
Traverse City area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!

I just joined and I would be interested in meeting people in real life to go hang out in the woods and beach with. I am a 30 year old married guy and my wife loves to hunt treasures with me. Right now we mainly pick stones and glass at the lake, hunt morels, look for deer sheds, canoe, camp, hike, snorkel on shipwrecks, you name it.

We are open to other activities as well. We have been thinking about buying a metal detector. Lately, we have been exploring more of the leelanau peninsula area. I've been doing a lot of reading about the local shipwrecks and can't wait to get out there!

If anyone lives nearby and wants to go explore near TC, hit us up!

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Reckon I'm in Traverse. Except many summer weekends I'm out playin somewhere north or east of here. Treasure huntin and campin.

I do a lot of detecting, a little prospecting, garbage pickin, morels, but I don't eat em. searching out ghost towns, homesteads, railroad stuff, old tourism. I even cook with ghost town apples in the fall.

I just started working a few homesteads almost up Leelanau a bit, Cedar area. 12 homesteads, 1870-1950 era, morel potential, haven't found the trashpits yet but the snow just melted. II have a place in the Chums area that I hit on the way home from work a few times a week. Also have an extra detector (currently on loan) for letting people try before they buy.

GracieD

Feb 25, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m in TC, I do a lot of detecting in the area! Anyone know of any Michigan MD events still to come this year??

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m in TC, I do a lot of detecting in the area! Anyone know of any Michigan MD events still to come this year??
Other than my fall weekends, and possibly a lighthearted meetup of a few interested parties here.......I dont know of any Michigan metal detecting events at all.

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, I don't live in TC but visit 5 or so times a year for the last 30 years. We have a place 9 miles away on a lake and have been detecting for a year or so. I would be willing to hunt with you guys on my next visit up. I live near Ann Arbor. I use a Garrett 400 and am interested in a newer waterproof model. Considering Minelab 600 or 800. Any thoughts? Anyway let me know.
Jamest64.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There 5 tnetters here near Ann Arbor we have gotten together many times .

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, that's ok with me. i would be willing to get together too. Just let me know, currently we are waiting for snowmageddon. Perhaps when things clear up.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, that's ok with me. i would be willing to get together too. Just let me know, currently we are waiting for snowmageddon. Perhaps when things clear up.

Welcome James, let Tommy know when you want to detect this Spring and we can all get together and find some treasure.

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well perhaps next month. Im new to this stuff and not sure how the site works. I am thinking of buying a new detector. Minelab equinox 600 or 800. Both seem like good choices. Mostly here in Michigan parks and such. What put me on this is I need a waterproof unit. Last summer I found a guys wedding ring for him by taking my Garrett 400 out into the lake. Found the ring after about 2 hours, but felt like I went in a little to far risking my unit. Liked the multi frequency aspect of Equinox. What do you guys think? Thanks, JT

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello, I don't live in TC but visit 5 or so times a year for the last 30 years. We have a place 9 miles away on a lake and have been detecting for a year or so. I would be willing to hunt with you guys on my next visit up. I live near Ann Arbor. I use a Garrett 400 and am interested in a newer waterproof model. Considering Minelab 600 or 800. Any thoughts? Anyway let me know.
Jamest64.

Well give me a holler when you know you're gonna be here, maybe we can meet up somewhere. But fair warning, I'm usually out somewhere almost every weekend. It's cellar holes I do, not parks and beaches, I avoid the fudgie part of town.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :hello:

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Angelito1 Learning a lot on this site. Might go out and buy a new detector today. Equinox 600 or 800. Going to talk to the guy at the store, see what he thinks.

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well give me a holler when you know you're gonna be here, maybe we can meet up somewhere. But fair warning, I'm usually out somewhere almost every weekend. It's cellar holes I do, not parks and beaches, I avoid the fudgie part of town.

That's Funny A#1 Fudgie I mean, I don't consider myself a fudgie any more. Been going up too many years! The folks up there used that as my nickname for a while....funny. Well, I'll dig a cellar with ya.....wherever.

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A2coins, Hey T. Tried to send you a personal note and it was rejected. Said you mail is full. Wondering about what pinpointer you like and if you thing the Eq 800 is worth the extra money, see you have one. We did in similar geology???

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well fellas, it's spring. I'm going out today. too nice. Considering going up to TC regardless of the virus. Looks like the governors emergency measures does not prevent MD. What do you think?

megnpat

Apr 30, 2013
bellaire MI
Detector(s) used
somethin with a round thing on it ;)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in boyne city not to far from tc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread