South Miss Meet-up

dmoss8928

Jul 25, 2013
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I'm from the Laurel and Bay Springs area if any of you want to get a hunt up soon.... I have the AT Pro so even a water hunt would be awesome...

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dmoss, I'm ready. The weather looks like the cold might be about gone, time to get busy. Anyone have a spot in mind, haven't had any luck coming up with a good area that hasn't already been worked over. Maybe some of the small towns would be good spots - Sumrall, Beaumont, Richton, Wiggins, etc. Just show up and knock on some doors. All they can do is say no but you never know. Where and what day works for ya'll.

dmoss8928

Jul 25, 2013
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the main reason I started getting on this forum is to find some guys with places to go haha.... We have can always hit the creeks and streams. We may not want to go knocking on to many people doors here in south MS hahaha...

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple of city lots in H'burg I want to try, not bad neighborhoods but team effort would be safer. If anyone is interested let me know and we can set something up. After work or on the weekend. Sandbars and old swimholes are great spots, we have hit several up and down Black Creek. About time to try them again.

dmoss8928

Jul 25, 2013
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is Black Creek at? You think once the Leaf River goes down some there would be spots in places we could go in and do some MDing?

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black Creek starts around Sumrall and winds-up in the Pascagoula River above from Vancleave. Just about any of the rivers where there are swim holes and sandbars are worth a shot.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am soooooo tired of freaking rain. Every time that I might have chance to hunt for a little while, guess what it is doing. Of course I know this summer it will quit raining and I will be begging for some on the garden but right now I am venting. Thought I would see if anyone wanted to go this coming Saturday but have to take my son to his ATC test and then pick him up. Might be able to squeeze in something local. If it's not RAINING.

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys...

I'm located in the Gulfport area. Getting back into MD after being out while raising two kids. Looking for folks to hunt with and spots with some promise. I like coin shooting but have never dug a Minnie ball so that would be fun too.

Love to get out and dig. I'm still working for a few more years but have three day weekends every week and a flexible schedule the rest of the time.

Swinging an At Pro and a Fisher CZ5 and soon a White V3i. Still lots to learn.

Cecil

dmoss8928

Jul 25, 2013
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When ya'll decide on a time and place let me know and if my schedule lets me I would love to come...

gentleman5926

Apr 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi to all. I am a complete newbie to the MD scene, haven't even used my new Garrett AT Pro yet. I am wondering if there is a group that is 'friendly' to new, interested hobbyists who can teach them some of the ropes...

Stacy0476

Apr 19, 2014
Brandon, Ms
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Brandon area. MD newbie using tek disc 4000 and BH tracker IV. Still getting the hang of it but having a blast!

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am from St Louis Mo area and I spend a lot of time in Biloxi. I probably go to Biloxi 3 - 4 times a year. I am an avid metal detector and other than the beaches I really don't know where to go. I know there is a lot of vacant property from Katrina. I am curious if anyone knows whether you can hunt on vacant land In Biloxi. I would also like to connect with someone in the area when i go down there.

I will probably spend Jan & Feb of 2015 and at least once more this year maybe around Aug or Sept.

dsoverca

Jul 27, 2014
Hattiesburg
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the Hattiesburg area if there is anyone near by that wants to meet up and 'hunt'....as long as they are willing to put up with a newbie who gets way excited even when all she finds is an old penny.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dsoverca, there are several local MDers in the H'burg area, just hard to get together sometimes. Let's see if we can set up a meet and hunt with a few people. Anyone else interested? What days might work?

CobraFnD

Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interested... Let me know if you get something lined up and I will get with the 3 (non-internet) detectors... :). Txt me red

Kb39401

Oct 4, 2014
Hattiesburg, MS
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a MD for two years and have played with it off and on. We bought a house and a little land and I've been trying to "learn" my MD. Found a tax token in the back yard today and I am super excited! Anyone that wants to come detect these few acres with me and teach me some in the process, I'm game! ��

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread