Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: South Miss Meet-up

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2013
    South Mississippi
    Garrett AT Pro & Whites DFX
    16 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    When ya'll decide on a time and place let me know and if my schedule lets me I would love to come...

Apr 2014
    Hi to all. I am a complete newbie to the MD scene, haven't even used my new Garrett AT Pro yet. I am wondering if there is a group that is 'friendly' to new, interested hobbyists who can teach them some of the ropes...

us
    Jul 2013
    South Mississippi
    16 times
    Where you from?

us
    Apr 2014
    Brandon, Ms
    teknetics delta 4000 Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    19 times
    From Brandon area. MD newbie using tek disc 4000 and BH tracker IV. Still getting the hang of it but having a blast!
    dmoss8928 likes this.

us
    Sep 2012
    D'Iberville MS
    E-Trac Equinox 800 Equinox 600
    792 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I am from St Louis Mo area and I spend a lot of time in Biloxi. I probably go to Biloxi 3 - 4 times a year. I am an avid metal detector and other than the beaches I really don't know where to go. I know there is a lot of vacant property from Katrina. I am curious if anyone knows whether you can hunt on vacant land In Biloxi. I would also like to connect with someone in the area when i go down there.

I will probably spend Jan & Feb of 2015 and at least once more this year maybe around Aug or Sept.

I don't detect for the stuff I find, I detect for the stuff I haven't found.

If I didn't find it I hope you did.

us
    Jul 2014
    Hattiesburg
    2 times
    I'm in the Hattiesburg area if there is anyone near by that wants to meet up and 'hunt'....as long as they are willing to put up with a newbie who gets way excited even when all she finds is an old penny.
    dmoss8928 likes this.

us
    Mar 2008
    South Mississippi
    Garrett AT Pro Garrett AT Maxx
    201 times
    dsoverca, there are several local MDers in the H'burg area, just hard to get together sometimes. Let's see if we can set up a meet and hunt with a few people. Anyone else interested? What days might work?
    dmoss8928 likes this.
    The deeper I dig, the more dirt I find.

Apr 2014
    6 times
    Interested... Let me know if you get something lined up and I will get with the 3 (non-internet) detectors... . Txt me red

Oct 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Teknetics Alpha
    I've had a MD for two years and have played with it off and on. We bought a house and a little land and I've been trying to "learn" my MD. Found a tax token in the back yard today and I am super excited! Anyone that wants to come detect these few acres with me and teach me some in the process, I'm game! ��

us
    Jul 2013
    South Mississippi
    16 times
    Where are you from Kb?
    71.55 in clad, 1944 Mercury, WWII Army Button, Napoleon III Empereur Button (2014)

Oct 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Teknetics Alpha
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoss8928 View Post
    Where are you from Kb?
    South Forrest County, Originally Camp Shelby owned property. I'm thinking there should be plenty to find out here!

us
    Sep 2012
    D'Iberville MS
    792 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I am moving to Long Beach Ms the 15th of Oct. I have a Whites V3i and and AT Pro, also an Ace 250 which I no longer use. I would like to find places to hunt and even people to hunt with . I would like to also like to learn the local protocol. I am from the St Louis Mo area and know the local do's and don'ts in the area. I always use good metal detecting practices and do my best to never leave a trace i was there.

us
    Mar 2008
    South Mississippi
    Garrett AT Pro Garrett AT Maxx
    201 times
    Hey KB, there are several of us in Hattiesburg, its just making time to get together. Camp Shelby has a lot of history so you should be in a good spot. Hopefully with the weather cooling off, maybe we can set some hunts up. I have a big spot in town just waiting for a go from the property owner. Keep up with the postings and maybe we can get a plan going.
    The deeper I dig, the more dirt I find.

us
    Sep 2012
    D'Iberville MS
    792 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I would love to hunt up there sometime soon after i get settled in after moving on the 15th

Oct 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Teknetics Alpha
    Okay so, my yard looks like a scene from the movie "Holes" �� but I'm becoming much more familiar with my detector and have found a 1938 wheat, 1944 wheat, a tax token and various unidentified objects. Weather is cooling and I'm starting research on places to go!! ��

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links