redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too blooming hot to MD right now but would anyone want to meet up some evening to plan some hunts. Working on a couple spots so when it cools down below 1,000 degrees, should be ready to roll. Just about any night and anywhere works for me, over a long-neck or ice cream, as long as its cold. Just got back from a trip up the Natchez Trace and Shiloh, no didn't take the AT, too much temptation. But I have the fever to go now. Let me know.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Im in O.S., Been MDing for almost 2 years now. Always looking for new places, and someone SOLID to hunt with. Been reading some of your posts for over a year now. You don't seem like the average flake that buys a MD and sells it 6 months later. Got a few spots to hunt, maybe we could go early in the morning til 10 or 11, or until the heat gets unbearable.

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm up in Columbus but would participate in a hunt if it looked promising. I'm also familiar with the coast somewhat as I was stationed in Biloxi while in the Air Force. Retired now so traveling is no problem.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lot of history in Mississippi and plenty of places that haven't been touched. Just looking for places to go and some good MDers to go with. I don't care if its school yards, old house sites or the beach, love hitting a getting a good tone and seeing what's in the dirt. Have a couple of small towns that most likely haven't had much activity and working on a CW skirmish site. Have a contact to see what he knows and maybe be able to hook something up, if everything works out right. I know next weekend I am tied up but after that I should be pretty flexible. I can open time during the week on certain days.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get out till after labor day.
If I'm dripping on my coil, I'm not having fun.
Would like a meet and greet with you all about some fall outings this year.
Ray

Bruno 77

Jul 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too blooming hot to MD right now but would anyone want to meet up some evening to plan some hunts. Working on a couple spots so when it cools down below 1,000 degrees, should be ready to roll. Just about any night and anywhere works for me, over a long-neck or ice cream, as long as its cold. Just got back from a trip up the Natchez Trace and Shiloh, no didn't take the AT, too much temptation. But I have the fever to go now. Let me know.

Hey redbronco I am in north hancock county been metal detecting for a few years and ready to get serious with the AT.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't mind hitting the beach some morning and then find somewhere cool for lunch and trade info/work on more hunts. I can adjust my work schedule most of the time and the weekends are good, just need a heads-up to make plans, unless the wife has me a project. Figure the beach would be a good starting point, if we get 5 or 6 MDers to show up. We've had most of the summer for the sand to catch some coins and rings. If anyone has some days that will work or other ideas, throw them out there.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On another open south miss thread, Shemp wants to do a meet and greet deal in Gulfport, Tuesday the 20th about 5pm. I'm in Hattiesburg so looking at going down to the beach that morning and try a few spots. If anyone is interested in hunting that day and then meet up with the rest later, let me know. Check out the other thread so we can see who, what and where.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent it to you Joe. I will be on the coast next Tuesday, the 20th. Going to hit the beach that morning around Gulfport and go from there. Anyone interested, let me know.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted on the other thread, figure ya'll would find it. Oh, sorry about the red/blue Dodge Bronco thing. I will come up with something.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright Shemp and "blue dodge" Lol
I've done my geode trip to Keokuk plus 4 days in a Missouri quarry.
Looking to get out, here, there or wherever.
Arkansas crystal trip 11/5 -11th.
Ray

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone got a good spot and some dates to go. I should be looking good at the end of next week. Anytime during the week or weekend.
Pick a town and we could start on the east side and go west. Wiggins, Poplarville, Picayune, any of the coast towns, N.O.
I haven't been able to get a nice area around here yet. Still checking on Camp Shelby hope to know something soon but hunting season might
make this a spring time goal. Ideas????

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good spots? Prospects, yes.
Most dates open except Nov 5-11th.
One place I've done well, I'm waiting for it to be cut.
Two years now, its been cut low in October or November.
Now its about a foot high and snakeish.
Cleared, 200 x 2,000! On the Mississippi river.
Sounds plantation huh?
Ray

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, Andy, Jerry when ever you're ready.
Except this Friday or next Tuesday. Family dr. appointments.
If it rains, my place will be too sloppy.
Ray

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just throw out a day/days that work for you. I should be flexible after this week but don't hold up on my account. Sometimes you can't be everywhere but I sure will try. Have my 21st annv. this week and really like sleeping in the bed, not the couch. Wink, wink.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry all, my dad was admitted in the hospital yesterday.
May be kidney issues. Potassium levels very high.
Andy and Joe, I'll call you in a day or two.
Ray

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real sorry to hear that, hope everything turns out ok. Prayers for your dad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread