redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Open call for anyone interested. On Saturday, April 11th in Hattiesburg - Meeting at the Ward's on Hardy St and 40th Ave, just off I-59 from 8:00 to 9:00am. Talk for awhile and get to know each other, then go hunt. Have three good size areas to hunt in town. Wanting to meet other MDers who are looking for a group to hunt with, research, plan and hunt some "good" locations. Looking to find/hunt old town sites, CW skirmishes, old timber camps/railroad depots, etc. Only requirements are - have a detector, enjoy MDing and follow MDers code of ethics.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Added a fourth lot to the mix, around an acre. Should be about 20 acres total for all the properties. I will post some pics of the areas a little before the 11th but don't want to give all locations away.

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have an idea about how many are coming yet?

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't heard from anyone yet. Figured everybody is trying to get thru this weekend and see how their schedules look. Heck, it might be us usual suspects again but we're finding some good stuff.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are giving a chance of rain for Saturday but still want to meet and see what the weather does. At least we could get a biscuit and coffee, and do some talking and plan some hunts but hopefully we can give it a whirl. Here are pics of two of the locations. Let me know if you think you will make it.
PineHill.jpg Tipton2.jpg

shovelhead

Apr 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you still meeting Saturday if so do you mind if a couple of Brandon guys come down,Juat let me know thanks Brent 769~798~5240

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Open to anyone who can make it. I think we are at 50% chance of rain but maybe it will be done or wait till late. We are going to meet and try either way. I will give you a call.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the weather is going to let us have this Saturday, so if anyone else is free, we have plenty of dirt to try.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep in touch with us bonepicker, we are going to try to keep something happening somewhere. We want to make a trip to the coast just don't know a lot of places to go but the beach, working on that. Would love to find a SLQ too. Perfect weather yesterday and we wound up with 5 MDers at the end of the day. Although the findings were slow and scattered, we had some fun. Unfortunately we broke our streak of 6 runs with silver so I guess we will start a new one. What is the big piece? About 8 inches across, neat design.
41115.JPG 41115a.JPG 41115b.JPG

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice/interesting finds. Been waiting to see what yall came up with. I will have to come to the MS Section more, as I would like to meet up sometime and hunt with you guys. I like the door plate. The decorative dish looks neat, but I have no idea what it is. I was thinkin serving dish, or candle plate, but im probably way off. Yesterday I ended up going back to the place where I dug the SLQ quarter, and at the very end of the day I got my first ever flat button. Doing some research now, but I was told it could be post rev war era. It was the only thing good that I found, but could possibly turn out to be the oldest item I have ever found.
p.s. I sure coulda used that biscuit yesterday morning.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/w...bout-excelsior-flat-button-i-found-today.html

Let me know when yall are going to meet up again.

Last edited:

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428867794.742798.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428867820.742734.jpg
I ways have a good time when we go. You are right the streak did end but we still had fun! I guess the best thing I found was the old wedding band, it is very brittle it already has a small crack in it. Glad I saved it!

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know that big piece you found bronco looks like it might have had 4 "legs" on it, maybe something to set a hot pan on

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has 4 spots where something was attached, going see I can get it a little cleaner. Already wanting to go again, guess we will have to see if the weather will give us an afternoon. Maybe a weekday road trip, sometime shortly.

Jameyjg01

Mar 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jblack, I think that ring was the find of the day in my opinion!!! Just cool to think what that ring meant to somebody!

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is pretty cool, Yeah for sure it meant a lot to some lady many years ago, I wish I knew the story behind it. I was digging in the pull tab range when I found it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread