Saturday, June 27th hunt

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Namco token looked just like this one:
http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces22210.html
I have found two of the Aladdin's castle ones around the Sharon area, but this is my first Namco.
I am very interested in Tokens, not necessarily gaming tokens, but tax and payment tokens.
That book "Brozenes and Doodlum: Private Money in Mississppi" is in the Laurel Public library upstairs in the Geneology section.
I have it on my watch list on Ebay. It is out of print. I missed one the other day that went for $40 (it was even signed by Mr. Chatham).

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool token. Seems like I remember Namco being a manufacturer of some of the old Atari games back when I had my Atari 2600. The good old days.
I like old tokens too. Ive been finding the hell out of tax tokens lately. I think I have found 3 in the past week or so. All MS, AL, LA., but I prefer the older trade tokens which are a little more rare.
That book "Brozenes and Doodlum", is a pretty good book. I have seen some on the site Andy posted that weren't in the book, but between that book and the site Andy posted on his token thread, you cant go wrong.
I bought mine on ebay for $37 after shipping a few months ago. So $40 seems like the going rate.
A couple more good books if you like old Military Buttons.
"Uniform Buttons of the United States, 1776-1865 by Warren Tice"
"Record of American Uniform and Historical Buttons HC Book Alphaeus Albert 1976"
They could be in your library too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread