redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
July and August in South Miss is not my favorite time to go MDing but does anyone want to try Saturday morning for a few hours. Meet at the McDonalds at Hardy St/N. 31st Ave around 6:00 and see who wants to go sweat for awhile. Maybe plan some hunts for when its under 95 in the shade.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Double posted, sorry. Trying to delete the other.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the invite Andy. Made plans to hunt down here with a local detectorist. If that falls thru, I may try to head up there.
Stay hydrated, Good Luck, and HH.

Last edited:

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I might be able to go. Will check and let you know. I wonder if any others can make it.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to check on a spot tomorrow for permission but might do some free style door knocking. Only other one I have heard from is Jblack. Know its early to start but it won't be cold by Saturday. Having to leave shirts outside to drip dry before going into the clothes hamper. If hell every freezes over, I know a spot they can move it to. Good luck BP, let us know how you do.

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pretty sure I will be able to go Saturday morning.

Jameyjg01

Mar 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up in the air for me right now and will depend on how something plays out... I am going into withdrawals!!!

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will try to be there!
Thanks for the invite!

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Must try out my new AT Pro...can't stand it anymore. Must dig in dirt. Ahhhhh!

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just let me know, understand there is a lot going on but if anyone is free, we can try it. Haven't had mine on since last time we were out.

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a chance I might be going out of town in the morning. Not sure just yet. Also, I think some of the others won't be able to make it. Just a heads up.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a lot of fun today. It was HOT, but club_hunt_7_18_2015.jpg we hunted hard!
One wheatie, some older Lincolns, some miscellaneous clad, and an unknown metal object.
Thanks again Andy for finding us a great place to hunt.
Thanks to Mr. Lee for allowing us to invade his land!

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick said we are calling this one the "Sweat-lodge" hunt. Not bad hot just Mississippi humid. I think each of us had at least one wheat and a little clad. Oh and 2 ant poison containers, of course. Enjoyed it guys.

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't had the chance to clean these up yet, but this was my single best day for coins. After our hunt this morning, in which I found my first wheatie while detecting, I hit a ball field that belongs to a church near Brookhaven...with permission, of course. I'm thinking it's never been hit before. Here are today's totals.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437279316.871243.jpg

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did not hunt the rest of the day, I was beat after that early morning "sweat-out"!
Congrats on your first Wheatie!
I have some of those penny wraps if you need some, just let me know.

Good luck on that new church site.
My advice is to grid it off, and do a little bit every time you get a chance.
This way you do not miss any of it.
Churches love to build parking lots over these old vacant fields/lots, so do NOT procrastinate!

Straying a little off topic....
One of the hardest things to master on the AT PRO in my opinion is discerning pull tabs from Nickels.
The 51-53 signal that is steady is usually a Nickel.
One that fluctuates from 48-54 going from different angles is usually a pull tab.
This rule is definitely nowhere near 100% unfortunately.

I think BonePicker has an XP Deus, so he could tell us more about how it handles pull tabs.
That would be my choice of an upgraded M.D. because of its light-weight/portability, telescoping pole, wireless headphones, backlit display, programmability, and 5 year warranty.
I know the Minelab CTX3030 (dirty 30) is probably the best, but I would have to buy some kind of shoulder harness for it, and it costs much more.

Last edited:

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good job guys, looks like yall had a blast. It was definitely a hot one Saturday.
Went through 4 bottled waters and a 32oz Gatorade Saturday.
Sorry I couldn't make it. Had a buddy I was supposed to hunt with down here that backed out on me last minute.
I ended up going to a field down here I that sampled Wednesday evening. Will post pics later.
My best advice on learning any new machine is going to a target rich area and dig everything i.e. schools, churches, beaches, etc.
Yall ever goto Sardis Lake? When I lived in Hberg, I remem people always mentioning that place.
Slad-Nickels usually ring up in the gold/alum range. I tend to avoid digging nicks sometimes, because there is so much can-slaw and Katrina debris in this area; however, im prob missing some good finds. Havent mastered the nicks on the DEUS yet, but on the V3i, and the E-trac it seemed like they were almost unmistakable. I agree with muerte, the nicks usually lock up tight on the numbers from both directions, maybe only varying a digit if that.
muerte-The deus is definitely light. I get my only fatigue from the heat and digging holes. I hear the CTX is great, but weighs a ton, and its really pricey.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Removed, created new thread!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread