Great Bottle Hunting Videos

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great time, I wish I could have gotten out there earlier.

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not really into bottle hunting, but I can respect the interest in historical and antique bottles and glass. With that said, Nugget has also been showing videos lately related to bottle hunting. I had a blast too, but I think I was awful close to heat exhaustion around noon. James hooked me up with a powerade from the vending machine whew! Will post my finds in a few...

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From now on, I'm taking an ice chest of bottled waters! I've been going out with little or no water/drinks.

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437945706.200420.jpg

My finds, $1.07 in clad and a cheap piece of costume jewelry. Actually, I think it came off a perfume bottle or a purse...decorative item. Most coins I've found in a day yet!

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting bottle digging videos muerte. Ive always liked old bottles. Ive never been much of a privy digger, but I have come across some nice ones exploring some areas and doing construction work over the years. It kind of looks like fun and something I could get into and enjoy, and they make nice displays.
I ran across a bottle digger once while detecting, and it sure looked like hard work driving that probe into the ground looking for privys.
I thought id share a few photos of some of my nicer bottles.
The Biloxi Artesian Barqs Rootbeer Hutchinson and the Torpedo bottle are my 2 favorites.
Looks like yall had a nice hunt today.
Was hotter than $#%@ today, stay hydrated.

Attachments

• DSC02883.JPG
    DSC02883.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC02884.JPG
    DSC02884.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC02885.JPG
    DSC02885.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC02886.JPG
    DSC02886.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC02888.JPG
    DSC02888.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 133
OP
OP
M

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That Hutchinson Barqs is COOL!
I have several old Barqs bottles (even a green one).
I have several non-ACL styles, RED ACL, and plenty of the BLUE ACL ones, but did not know there were Hutch style ones.
I grew up in Bay St. Louis, so Barqs bottles are kind of in my blood.
Cool torpedo bottle too.
I may have to take a pic of what I have and post it.

OP
OP
M

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good idea Steve about the ice chest.
I carry a small ice chest whenever I go out.
I pack a couple of waters, maybe a powerade, tea, and a power bar.
I take a potassium pill before I go out and one when I get back during the summer months (if not, I will get muscle cramps).

I like that Half Cent you found by the way!

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good idea Steve about the ice chest.
I carry a small ice chest whenever I go out.
I pack a couple of waters, maybe a powerade, tea, and a power bar.
I take a potassium pill before I go out and one when I get back during the summer months (if not, I will get muscle cramps).

I like that Half Cent you found by the way!

Lol, thanks. Yeah, I found the "half cent" lying on the ground, near the bleachers. Also found the nickle and the little charm on the ground. Too bad I can't tell what year the "half cent" is, lol.

Man, that is a nice Barq's bottle...seeing some crazy prices for them online...wow, had no idea!

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys. I used to have the really rare and hi-dollar barqs bottle that looked like a coke bottle, but said barqs on it.
Cant remember the exact story, but there were not many made, and then barqs was going to get sued for copyright infringement, so they had to destroy the bottles, and only a handful ever survived.
My grand-father found it in his backyard while digging a garden when I was young.
Someone told me this bottle was worth $1000 or more.
Unfortunately I lost it when I lost my home and everything else that was inside of it when Hurricane Katrina hit us.

OP
OP
M

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That Hutchinson Barqs you have is worth over $150!
https://www.facebook.com/barqscollectors?ref=nf
There are bottle polishing guys out on the internet that would charge about $30 to get it polished up like the one on that site (about 3/4 way down).
I would leave it as is though, that adds to the character!

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That Hutchinson Barqs you have is worth over $150!
https://www.facebook.com/barqscollectors?ref=nf
There are bottle polishing guys out on the internet that would charge about $30 to get it polished up like the one on that site (about 3/4 way down).
I would leave it as is though, that adds to the character!
Thanks for the info, and that is a cool barqs link.
My dad actually found that bottle and gave it to me. He had 3 of them at one time.
He had some financial problems several years back, and sold the other 2 to a local collector for $100 each, so I figured it was worth a hundred or better.
I know a guy that has one and got it polished, and it looks really sharp cleaned.
I will probably just keep mine the way it is and hang onto it. Hopefully the value will only increase.
Thanks

OP
OP
M

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After cleaning up that old corroded bent wheat penny I found at Kamper park, it turns out it was from 1929.
I know James found an old merc on the other side of the creek, so it looks like there are some oldies there!
We may need to revisit the other side up to the road where the old Alligator pit was.
The formal opening of Kamper park was 9/1/1913

Last edited:

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah ! Kemper park is ever 100 years old. ! Lots of good stuff there!! Congrats on the wheat man!!!

Jameyjg01

Mar 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually dug a straight sided coca cola bottle... Script writing. Some interesting history behind those and I will dig it out of storage and take some pictures one day. I have several good bottles I have dug over the years!

OP
OP
M

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please post, I love those old coke bottles.
I need to put together a picture of some of my old barqs and Pat D cokes.
I don't have any straight sides.

OP
OP
M

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are some of my Barqs bottles.
I also have some RED ACL ones too, but the labels are not in good condition.
bargs.jpg

Jameyjg01

Mar 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my straight sided coca cola bottle. Coca cola being in script is very important or it isn't a true coca cola bottle.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438388298.725972.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438388366.729437.jpg

OP
OP
M

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need to find me one of those "Straight Sided" coke bottles.
They wanted $30 for a lip chipped one at the flea market by Masonite the other day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread