8.8.15 Hunt

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Count me in....I can road trip some too. Have had great luck in the meridian area years ago, found a few things at camp Shelby and would love to go there again, haven't hunted sites in the Laurel or Hattiesburg area though I have wanted to hunt the old Beverly drive in site.

It will be nice to hunt with a group...

Cecil
Beverly drive-in is being developed as low cost housing I think.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now if we could just get a tv show, so we could get paid to hunt, that would be the cream in the coffee. They are saying it should be low 90's this weekend. Anyone have a spot they are thinking about. How is the back Nick?

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I had heard that...haven't been by there lately to see if they have broken ground. There is silver in there...if we could get in there without getting arrested...��

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now if we could just get a tv show, so we could get paid to hunt, that would be the cream in the coffee. They are saying it should be low 90's this weekend. Anyone have a spot they are thinking about. How is the back Nick?
Not doing any worse, but no progress.
Waiting on my COBRA papers to come in and then I may go to my doctor.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like y'all had a good time. Hopefully, I'll be able to come down and attend a hunt someday!

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you guys did pretty Good. Unfortunately I am down for the count with a bad case of sciatica

Sure hope the back gets better, Nick!

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I had heard that...haven't been by there lately to see if they have broken ground. There is silver in there...if we could get in there without getting arrested...í*½í¸œ

I actually hunted in there once, it was extremely trashy, there a lot mod melted aluminum in the ground from when it burned and melted the frame, most of the drive in
was asphalt, might have luck skirting the edges where grass is.

There was another drive in in Hattiesburg, you can see what was left of It on the 1960 areals, it is just a grassy field now. I would give that place a shot. I am not sure of who owns it but it is directly behind the social security office if that gives you any idea of who may own it .

Last edited:

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually hunted in there once, it was extremely trashy, there a lot mod melted aluminum in the ground from when it burned and melted the frame, most of the drive in
was asphalt, might have luck skirting the edges where grass is.

There was another drive in in Hattiesburg, you can see what was left of It on the 1960 areals, it is just a grassy field now. I would give that place a shot. I am not sure of who owns it but it is directly behind the social security office if that gives you any idea of who may own it .
There were 2 in Laurel as well on hwy 11 (off I-59) I think. One is covered with oilfield equipment now.

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great places usually is right up in front of the screen. There were usually kiddie playgrounds. Also around the concession stand.

There is one I hunted in Meridian years ago that was also the site of a big fair...either a state fair or a county fair...found lots of stuff dating back into the 20's and 30's. Place is fenced and for sale now. Screen structure is still there.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOW 90's??
The spot I'm thinking of is in Montana!
Looking forward to meeting you guys.
After Labor Day !!
Ray

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray, We are saving a good spot for when you make it up here. It might be December before it gets where I quit leaving puddles of salt water at each spot I dig, but its been fun. Hot but fun. Great group of MDers and hoping to meet up with some more of the TNET bunch soon.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great places usually is right up in front of the screen. There were usually kiddie playgrounds. Also around the concession stand.

There is one I hunted in Meridian years ago that was also the site of a big fair...either a state fair or a county fair...found lots of stuff dating back into the 20's and 30's. Place is fenced and for sale now. Screen structure is still there.
Did you hunt that old amusement park that sat in between the theater and the fairgrounds?

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No...didn't know about it until recently....would love to though.
Probably grown up badly as is the drive in.

jamiefind

Oct 4, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, wireless ear receiver, Lesche digging tool & sod cutter, Lesche T-handle HD shovel, home-built 1/4" sifter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey all. I'm new to the hobby but would enjoy hunting with others since my wife couldn't care less lol. I'm in Madison. What should I do, is there a club or something?

Garrett ace 350, pro pointer AT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions