redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Know it is suppose to be 100% hot this Saturday but anyone up for another morning hunt. Got a large spot between a school and park that we haven't tried. Pretty sure the Copeland Gang didn't hideout here but hoping for plenty of targets. There is some shade so maybe we can last till 11:00 or 12:00. Meet at McD's on Broadway around 6am again. Metal detector, Ice and Water. I missed the mark last week by saying 2 silvers would be found, so calling for 3 hairpins, 34 bottle caps, 2 bullets and a 1978 quarter. See if we can top that. :thumbsup:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm eventually going to make one of your hunts. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll be this one. Good luck, I hope you get double your goals this weekend! :laughing7:

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Add to that the inevitable 10 pull tabs, and 5 nails I will recover!

That site last week looked so promising.
When we first drove up, I was ecstatic, I thought for sure it was going to be a "silver" day.
We should have just looked for the old Privy (if there was one), and dug bottles!

Jameyjg01

Mar 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm planning on being there! I'm calling fence ties!!!

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will do my best to retain my title as the Can Slaw King!

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do too! I wish I could edit my name on here..

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I called for 3 hairpins, 34 bottle caps, 2 bullets and a 1978 quarter on today's run. Got the three hair clips, quit counting the bottles caps/tabs, 1-9mm bullet unfired, 9 brass shotgun hulls and a 1979 quarter. How about them apples. Not to hot until about 9:30, a little breeze and some shade helped. HPD came by, Nick thought he wanted to be digging with us when he talked to him. Hope the back gets better Nick. Like they say, any day digging is a good day. I think I was in penny hell/heaven, depends on how you look at it. 66-P, 5-N, 7-D, 2-Q, "41 Wheat and a Champion Lanes token.
8.8.15a.JPG

Attachments

• 8.8.15a.JPG
    8.8.15a.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 147

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this at the second location James and I went to. Wasn't expecting this...Kinda cool.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439081033.083495.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439081071.886534.jpg

Last edited:

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you guys did pretty Good. Unfortunately I am down for the count with a bad case of sciatica

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My finds, including the Netherlands 10 cent.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439165667.420432.jpg

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't checked the MS section in a while...glad to see some activity. Maybe I can join you guys on a hunt soon...I'm in Gulfport...usually hunt alone because I haven't found a group to hunt with...

Not as active this year as last...been really hot and wife has me on home restoration projects...

I'll try to keep up with this area better...

Good hunting..

Cecil

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work Steve. Glad the spot paid off again. It still amazes me what might come out of the ground.
Cecil, we have been trying to go early and quit when we can't stand it anymore. Which right now isn't too long.
If we do make it to cooler weather, hope to get a road trip to the coast. Maybe by December it will be below 85 degrees.

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow yall did an awesome job!!! I would like to find out more about that "harp". Bronco, check the head Stamps on the shot gun shells sometimes you can find a date by researching the head stamps

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
James and clad slad, man it is crazy that spot is still putting out. We hit it pretty hard before awesome!

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Count me in....I can road trip some too. Have had great luck in the meridian area years ago, found a few things at camp Shelby and would love to go there again, haven't hunted sites in the Laurel or Hattiesburg area though I have wanted to hunt the old Beverly drive in site.

It will be nice to hunt with a group...

Cecil

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How big is that brass harp?
It sort of looks like a music holder for marching band instruments..

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread