redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few of us are going to try a couple lots in Hattiesburg this Saturday. Some of the usual suspects are out so we have room for a few more, if anyone wants to show up. We will meet at the McD's on Broadway Dr off of Hwy 49, around 6:30/7:00 and go till about noon, most likely. Sizable lots, not sure on history of sites but on the east side of town. If nothing happens there, might hit old faithful and see if she has anything left.

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few of us are going to try a couple lots in Hattiesburg this Saturday. Some of the usual suspects are out so we have room for a few more, if anyone wants to show up. We will meet at the McD's on Broadway Dr off of Hwy 49, around 6:30/7:00 and go till about noon, most likely. Sizable lots, not sure on history of sites but on the east side of town. If nothing happens there, might hit old faithful and see if she has anything left.

Count me in...if the rain holds off ill make the trip up. It will be nice to meet some new folks.

Cecil..

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope my M.D. car cranks tomorrow!
Even if all I find is a couple of pull tabs, I will be ecstatic to just get out and hunt!

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One spot is next to the park where James found his first silver. I haven't hunted it or seen anyone else digging so maybe it will be fresh ground.

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Count me in...if the rain holds off ill make the trip up. It will be nice to meet some new folks.

Cecil..

Looks like they have revised the coastal forecast for Saturday down to a 10% chance for rain from 50%...so maybe it will hold...

Cecil...

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll see what transpires...I might can try to make it. Looking forward to doing some digging this fall with the cooler temps!

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a great time today.
I did not find anything but some clad, but it was great to see everyone and get to hunt again after a month long hiatus!
Good to meet some new people too!
Welcome Chacuff and Wannabe Treasure Hunter!
Cecil, I have to say finding us on Williams street was quite the accomplishment, I am impressed!

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a great time today.
I did not find anything but some clad, but it was great to see everyone and get to hunt again after a month long hiatus!
Good to meet some new people too!
Welcome Chacuff and Wannabe Treasure Hunter!
Cecil, I have to say finding us on Williams street was quite the accomplishment, I am impressed!

Yep had a great time...even though I showed up an hour late. I had to hunt the hunt and was about to throw in the towel when I spotted the group.

I appreciate the opportunity to meet some new folks...a great group of guys!

Was nice to pull a couple of wheats and a nice Mercury dime out of the dirt locker...

Hope to do it again sometime..

Cecil

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just cleaning up the finds from today's hunt. Thought you guys might like to know the Mercury dime was indeed a 1919 in very nice shape...that helps date the site for sure...

Doesn't look like it was in circulation for long before it was lost.

Cecil

Bear with me...trying to figure out how to attach a picture...might screw it up...Ha!

image.jpg

Last edited:

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I enjoyed today's hunt and also meeting the new guys in the group too. Was nice to see some silver dug up at old faithful. I was wondering why we've never seen silver there before, and now we have. For me, I didn't find much...26 cents in clad, a key from a late 1990's model Ford, and a Westinghouse Electric Corporation meter serial tag. For me, I enjoy the fact that cleaning up the serial tag revealed writing and the serial number. I had thought it was some kind of buckle at first. Writing on a target excites me. I guess someone had a power meter out there at some point. A fun day; glad I went.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chacuff,
I would love to hit some coast sites. I lived down there near BSL for about 20 years, so I know that area pretty good.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Nick, the find of the day was Chacuff hunting us down. :icon_thumright:He and WTH had the best stuff out of the ground with the Merc dime and that big wrench. I finished with a penny, nickel and two toy guns, Nick threw in a piece of another one, and some odds & ends. Nice day for MDing and good to meet up with Chacuff and WTH. I say we do this again.
9-26-15.JPG

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chacuff,
I would love to hit some coast sites. I lived down there near BSL for about 20 years, so I know that area pretty good.

It's been tough finding decent sites here...but that said I'll see what I can find that might make it worth the drive down...

Cecil

Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning to all... Thanks for letting me tag along with y'all, I got to both meet some great folks and had a great time too, and even learned a few things from you fellows which is a treasure all it's own.

That 1919 Dime added a WOW factor to the day, and I really got a kick out of those toy guns along with that big ole wrench I found. I will post a pic of the wrench after I swing by and pick it back up from my mom's house.

Definitely looking forward to the next hunt with y'all...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread