redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone around the Hattiesburg area is interested, a few of us will be meeting up this Thursday evening at the Starbucks on Hardy St. It is the one in front of Roses department store and across from Applebee's. Right now we are shooting for 6:30pm. This is a chance to meet some local MDers, talk, make some MDing partners and discuss the possibility of forming a club.

salty dog

Aug 10, 2005
Southern Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Hey redbronco,
I hate I missed the post about the meeting at Starbucks.
I also md and live in the Hattiesburg area.
I would really like to know if anyone gets ready to start a club in the area.
Would also like to get together with others to hunt, share stories, etc.
Any info appreciated,
Robert

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Robert. I dropped you a PM on what went on last week. I am hoping we can get a group started. I think it would help trying to find new places to search and be fun to have some partners to hunt with. There seems to be 5 -6 MDers in the area that have some interest in a club but I am sure that are a few more that haven't posted or don't use a computer. I would like to try and meet up with everyone again, maybe next week. The weather is getting nice and I am ready to hear some beep-beep.

salty dog

Aug 10, 2005
Southern Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Thanks for getting back with me redbronco.

I've never belonged to a club before, but I would be willing to help out in any way I can.
Keep me posted with what you come up with and I'll meet up with ya'll. I recently met someone who is just getting started in mding and he may be interested also.

Robert

May 3, 2008
What's going on guys - I am relatively new to metal detecting and am located on the MS Gulf Coast. I am interested in learning of any good sites around the State and would be interested in getting involved in some type of MD club. Keep me in mind if ya'll have another meeting.

Thanks, Steve

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Steve. Nice to hear from you. There are a lot of places to MD in South Mississippi. Schools, old towns, railroad stations, beaches, etc. Just depends on what you like to do. Most everyone I have talked to loves history and they are researching places to try. I am hoping to set up another meeting to get to know each other in a week or two and maybe we can talk about starting a MD group. Please keep posting and maybe we can set up a hunt somewhere.

Andy

May 3, 2008
I appreciate the info Andy - I am in a position where I travel all over the state and do detecting in my down time. I get through Hattiesburg fairly often and would love to buy you a cup of coffee some day soon. My cell number is (228) 518-7684.

Thanks again, Steve :D

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a winner but make mine sweet tea, if you don't mind. I am pretty flexible with work most times. If you can give me a heads up, I should be able wrangle some free time and maybe we can find some local places to give a try. I will drop you a line with some more info.

c4teeter

Mar 30, 2010
Ms, Fl and parts unknown!!!
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3; Cen Tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RedBronco, I live in Long Beach area, but would be willing to make the drive. Drop me a line.... Thanks, Chris

DC5578

Aug 13, 2010
Hattiesburg
Detector(s) used
Titan XD 2000
In Hattiesburg looking for a group to meet up with. Searching the area for good spots to MD currently but can travel to other locations. Found a few items at Camp Shelby but would like to MD around some older houses or areas.

Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all...I live outside of Petal and did a little MD'n in my younger years up in W.TN. I have decided I want to get involved with it again & am attempting to learn as much as I can about this area ( Forrest, Jones, Covington, & Perry Counties ). IF ya'll are still meeting give us a post. If not maybe a few of us could get together sometime and try again.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys, Hope some of you who have posted in the last few months are still around. I kinda let life get in my way of MDing. Actually went this morning for the first time in a while. If anyone is still interested in getting together and finding some places to try, drop me a line and lets see what we can come up with. Saltydog, haven't seen you in a few days, didn't know if you were still on James St. I will try to catch up with you sometime this week.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody around. Haven't been here in a long while but wanting to if there is anyone in the south Miss. area. Trying to get back into the TH thing. If anyone is interested, I am game. Let's talk and see what's going on. Thanks

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, we never were able to really get cranked up. Two of my TH buddies had some health issues that slowed them down. Always looking to find somewhere to try. Like the buddy system when you are in certain areas, never can be too careful. I tried a local lot last saturday, about 30 coins, nothing old, but fun. Message me sometime and we will talk.

paulm777

Sep 5, 2012
Mississippi, Gulf coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
redbronco said:
No, we never were able to really get cranked up. Two of my TH buddies had some health issues that slowed them down. Always looking to find somewhere to try. Like the buddy system when you are in certain areas, never can be too careful. I tried a local lot last saturday, about 30 coins, nothing old, but fun. Message me sometime and we will talk.

I live in Gulfport. New to metal detecting. Looking for someone who shares similar interests. Let me know if you get a group together I'm interested. Currently have Garrett at pro and hunt mostly beaches. Found mostly current currency. Up to 38 cents. Woohoo. :).
Paul M.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Paul, Always looking for somewhere to hunt and someone to team up with. Both my other buddies, have health problems, so I have been staying local in Hattiesburg. I just like MDing - schools, beaches, creeks, old homesteads, whatever. Like going as a team, cover more ground and safer in certain areas. We will have to talk and see what's going on, maybe we can try somewhere.

paulm777

Sep 5, 2012
Mississippi, Gulf coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree on the "safer in teams". I've been kicking around the idea of creek and river hunting. There may be a pair of waders in my next purchase. Let's hook up sometime. I sent you my info in private message.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread