Central Missouri sites
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mikeshayne
  • 1 Post By benmmaddog

Thread: Central Missouri sites

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2011
    Missouri
    2 times

Central Missouri sites

I have been detecting civil war sites for a few years off and on in Missouri and Mississippi. In Missouri I have detected mainly in about 3 counties. I have done some research and driving around in Audrain, Montgomery, Cole, Moniteau, Callaway and Osage counties. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on these counties. I certainly do not expect anyone to give up their sites but mainly looking for good resources to try including any metal detecting clubs. Also, it has always been my goal to detect a War of 1812 site. I realize finding a site like that is highly improbable.

us
    sirdigsthepennies

Apr 2008
    st. joseph missouri
    old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
    26 times

Re: Central Missouri sites

i live up in nw missouri i have a map of the civilwar sites in missouri and there are quite a few of them around my area

us
    Jul 2011
    Missouri
    2 times

I might recommend for Missouri civil war buffs and detectors the book A Tour Guide to Missouri's Civil War by Gregory Wolk which came out in 2010. It has five driving loops around all of Missouri and what is great is he has exact locations of camps, battles, skirmishes, river crossings and notable sites. There are also black and white pictures. I now have it in my Jeep when I travel about Missouri with my detector. I met the author at a lecture he was giving and he was extremely friendly and knowledgeable especially about northeast Missouri.
    russau likes this.

us
    May 2011
    Missouri
    Fisher F2
    24 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

if you are hitting audrain county hit boone county too, in Centralia there is a civil war site , don't know exactly where but seen a sign saying Centralia Battlefield the other day ,can't remeber if it was on hwy 22 or hwy 124
    russau likes this.

us
    Feb 2011
    Missouri
    garrett ,ace 350
    Metal Detecting

sorry put it is closed for us metal directest. I live about five miles from that sight. there is a big sign on the gate when you drive in.

us
    Mar 2013
    Missouri
    Garret AT Gold
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I live in the stcharles area and am looking for maps from civil war sites can u telle where to get those?

Sponsored Links