Just starting.

RCarson

Jun 20, 2012
I've just started getting interested in MDing and have been doing a lot of reading about it here. A few questions that I have is what do some of you recommend as a good starting unit? I've seen where the Ace 250 is recommended by some but not others. Is the Delta 4000 worth having? I'm going to be on Civil war sites mostly bc they are all around where I live. 2nd question is what and how do you carry whatever it is that you use to retrieve the stuff that you find? If anyone is around the Joplin area I would be more than happy to let you hunt the places w me so I can learn the ropes. Have any of you ever heard of the Battle of Sherwood? I know a few landowners that have that land where that battle was supposed to have taken place.

Godsfavor

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2012
RCarson said:
I've just started getting interested in MDing and have been doing a lot of reading about it here. A few questions that I have is what do some of you recommend as a good starting unit? I've seen where the Ace 250 is recommended by some but not others. Is the Delta 4000 worth having? I'm going to be on Civil war sites mostly bc they are all around where I live. 2nd question is what and how do you carry whatever it is that you use to retrieve the stuff that you find? If anyone is around the Joplin area I would be more than happy to let you hunt the places w me so I can learn the ropes. Have any of you ever heard of the Battle of Sherwood? I know a few landowners that have that land where that battle was supposed to have taken place.

I am also just starting in this hobby .
There is a club that meets in Springfield at the Library Center at 6:30 7/3/12 4653 South Campbell 417 Relic Hunter

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from White Plains, New York!

Whites Prizm Prizm $450.00

Fisher F5 F5 Metal Detector | FisherDetectorStore.com $500.00

Garrett ACE 350 Garrett $300.00

Tesoro Vaquero Tesoro Metal Detectors - Official company web site with metal detector models for treasure hunting land or water. $450.00

Kellyco Three-pocket Finds pouch Coin and Treasure Pounches and Accessories - Kellyco Metal Detectors $20.00

Kellyco Nylon utility belt Kellyco Nylon Web Belt (Black) Metal Detector For Sale - Kellyco Metal Detectors $10.00

Lesche digging tool http://www.amazon.com/Lesche-Diggin...341154351&sr=8-2&keywords=lesche+digging+tool $45.00

Kneepads

Gloves

God Bless, Good luck and Big Gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread