417 RELIC HUNTERS MEETING 2-6-08

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
417 RELIC HUNTER'S MEETING 2-6-08

It was a great meeting last night, luckily the storms subsided and everyone made it. We had a great turnout with 22 people. We had 6 visitor's and enjoyed meeting them. Topic's of discussion were our club hunt this spring and Chris Russell held a very informative discussion on posting on our club site. He also demonstrated how to downsize photo's and post on this forum as well.
The open discussion was held with several members telling about some of their relic and coin hunting finds. Steve Snowden dug a Missouri Mitilia Buckle and Mark Daughtery dug a really nice Civil War C button. Rodney Bevil was also there, nice to see him as well. Rodney had a really sweet stirrup he dug. Mark indicated it was probably a CS stirrup. Larry Cooper had some nice token's he dug also.
Steve Russell's carved bullet with initials on it was a fascinating find as well. Mark's C button took 1st in the relic category followed by Steve's carved bullet. In the coin category I lucked out and won with a 1899 Barber Qtr I dug last Sat. Steve's 1906 Barber dime was 2nd.
In the Treasure category I got a 1st place with the 14k gold Shirt Stud from a Union Camp. 2nd was Steve's 14 gold band. The overall find of the month went to Steve Russell with his carved Civil War bullet with initials. Some really awesome finds were brought in by visitor's Jeff and Jeremy Denning. It was nice to meet them. Hope you all can make it to the next meeting. Until than good luck hunting. Tim

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 417 RELIC HUNTER'S MEETING 2-6-08

Tim,
The club is really just beginning to reap the benefits of all of the hard work that the founding members have put in. It was evident last night by the number of members and guests attending. The wide array of items found and on display made the evening very enjoyable for me ..Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread