seacaptain

seacaptain

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2019
Philadelphia, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Greetings From The Keystone State. This is seacaptain and I am looking for hunting friends in Montana.
I want to find and I can find it, the Little Big Horn River Gold Treasure. It is near Custer`s Last Stand. By all the
latest research, the Gold is still there. Is there anyone in Montana interested in going for the Gold?

Some facts about me: I am a very patriotic American. I am educated, very knowledgeable, energetic, Trustworthy,
and a natural at finding things. It takes patience and a positive mind set to find treasure. To find treasure, you have
to go and look for it. Contact me on this site. Finding this Gold is worth the effort.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id be all over this if I was closer

Welcome to Tnet from Michigan

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a lot I can tell you about it and it ain't good. I'll only mention a few things right now.

First off, the main trail was North of the Yellowstone River. If you look on map you'll see there are few stream/river crossings this way.

A big one is this all happened right during the peak of high water season. All the streams and rivers were raging. Look on the map. They would have had several to cross and none had any dams to control the flow.

One story says they were chased several times by the Natives. Guess what? Every last one in the territory (thousands--"like blades of grass") was camped out there by where they did in Custer.

There were no gold shipments until the Fall of the year. Almost all of it either went to Salt Lake City or to Fort Benton which was the head of navigation where the steamboats docked.

It's all bogus. People were not stupid back then. They were keenly aware of all the dangers.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another big one is the claim Marsh didn't return to the area for a few years. False. He was back with supplies that same August, just weeks later.

Supposedly they couldn't find the place he stashed the gold. All accounts say he had an exceptionally good memory and knew every bend of every river he ever navigated.

And one story claims he never showed any signs of wealth. He bought his own steamboat not too long after this. Don't know if there was any gold, I don't think so but if there was he could have gotten it.

The whole idea that all on the same day Custer was massacred, this wagon of gold finds the steamboat out in the middle of the most hostile territory is all just too hard to swallow. If you have seen the rivers around here during high water, you don't even go near it. This is the stuff Hollywood fiction movies are made. You think a wagon could outrun Natives with their rifles several times? i bet the original story teller was rolling on the floor laughing at all the suckers who who buy what I call intentional lies.

All the treasure books say to try to disprove the story. This should be a classic textbook example.

Last edited:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
So signal line what company did Marsh work for in 1876? The answer is under your nose you live in Billings. What ship did he buy?

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Two days ago I got the order for Bannack State Park. Reviewed by their experts they like it.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After he quit the Coulson packet Company he bought a ferry boat in 1879 then bought a steamboat a couple years later.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Name as many people or groups which profit from the story/legend.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned to read about 60 years ago.

That isn't to say Marsh took any gold because I give this story about a negative 10% of anything other that pure B.S., but if there was any he got it. And simple logic says the gold would be much safer on the boat, but there wasn't any.

Native Americans had little/no use for gold. Not for jewelry, either. Story goes the gold they took off the dead soldiers was given to the kids to play with. There was no reason to remove any supposed gold from the boat.

I'll give the original author credit for being a professional B.S.'er.

Last edited:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Since the show aired we released 6 more books, for a total of 19. The lost treasure legends are now marketed to the tourist industry. Much in the manner of the popular treasure hunting reality shows.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd call it WGC Inc. --Wild Goose Chase Inc.

I just hope nobody gets hurt, killed or jailed. You really don't want to be put in a Tribal jail. Those guys in that video could have got tangled up in that rope and risked drowning. i don't recall but i don't think they had a life jacket on. Pretty sure had they got across they would have been on Tribal land--NO TRESPASSING. All for a fake story. My advice: go after a REAL treasure like Forrest Fenn's which is in a safe place and you don't have to break any laws.

Almost every treasure hunting book says don't waste your time on all the phony legend type stories.

Last edited:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
You make me wonder what was in the show. I filmed for one day of the whole week with them. I came away with they have no intention of finding anything. Even Tom Potter wanted me to ask them if they needed extra help. The Travel Channel got their episode and I promoted my books from it. Even you Signal bought a Yellowstone and Custer Kindle copy and gave them 5-star reviews.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions