Omaha NE and the area

taz in omaha ne

Mar 15, 2009
Omaha Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White's XLT E-Series Metal Detector + Garrett MH ADS-7 + Garrett GTA-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is anyone here around the Omaha Area ? Or better yet still active on here icon_scratch
im looking to go seek out some older places to hunt an have been trying to research a few
places that may be worth the time. Thinking old homesteads or home sites that are pre 1900's
would be great places to try. As well as old picnic sites an swim holes. Any ideas or fellow TH's
wanna maybe hook up.

ACrisp1982

Apr 28, 2009
Taz,

I live in bellevue. However, I am currently in Mississippi until october. I would gladly hunt with you when i get back.

-Anthony

rogold99

May 20, 2006
Bellevue Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hey taz, I also live in Bellevue, I work at night, so I usually hunt before 3pm weekdays or on weekends. I have a old XLT I am learning to use, mostly hunting parks and ballfields. Maybe if it stops raining long enough we can do a hunt, let me know.

ACrisp1982

Apr 28, 2009
Oh ok, you in the AF? I am still in mississippi, will be back home in october. Maybe we can hit up a few spots. I have been trying to figure out where a good place to go in our area is. I would like to hunt that farm land south of the base.

elpiochnb4

Aug 23, 2009
I live in Omaha and Just got a Detector. If you want to do some hunting send me an email and we can get together.

gibb62

Oct 6, 2008
Clay Co.
Detector(s) used
GTAX 500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to be in Kearney working on the new Buckle warehouse for a few weeks up to a month or so. I am planning on trying to find a few places to hunt. Anyone with ideas or interested in doing some diggin let me know.

OP
OP
taz in omaha ne

taz in omaha ne

Mar 15, 2009
Omaha Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White's XLT E-Series Metal Detector + Garrett MH ADS-7 + Garrett GTA-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well its about time LOL you picked a great time to get back home ya think LOL...Ya missed all the dam snow we had lucky you huh...Thats ok might make for some good hunting when the weather breaks an all that water seeps into ground..Can ya say Deep Targets :) Welcome Back Bud

ACrisp1982 said:
Well im finally back in the area and ready to start hunting again...

ACrisp1982

Apr 28, 2009
taz in omaha ne said:
Well its about time LOL you picked a great time to get back home ya think LOL...Ya missed all the dam snow we had lucky you huh...Thats ok might make for some good hunting when the weather breaks an all that water seeps into ground..Can ya say Deep Targets :) Welcome Back Bud

ACrisp1982 said:
Well im finally back in the area and ready to start hunting again...

Yea I had a real problem with deep targets on the beaches in mississippi. I dug 4 feet once chasing a mineral layer in the sand.

Nebraska

Greenie
Mar 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J

Tax, you still here in Omaha area. Am retired military, recently retired from civilian life and would like to get ideas of where to hunt. Any info would be much appreciated...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread