Strange formation in Nevada? (WITH PIC) - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Aug 2005
    Fisher Gold Bug
    270 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Strange formation in Nevada? (WITH PIC)

Yes.

It's mandatory that every one out there wears a radiation badge.

Mar 2003
    Indiana
    All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
    63 times

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle
    Is this ground still "hot"? Just curious.
    It was hot enough to kill more than half of the cast of "The Conqueror" some soon and some later. Best known cast member was John Wayne. He played Genghis Khan in that movie. Film was made several years after the tests and they breathed the dust from the horse scenes. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule
    "We have done so much; for so many; for so long; with so little; that pretty soon we'll be able to do anything; with nothing at all."
    my unit motto - 138th Aviation Company -  224th Aviation Battalion - Phu Bai, I Corps, Republic of Vietnam - 1972
    Siegfried Schlagrule

Aug 2005
    Fisher Gold Bug
    270 times

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried Schlagrule
    It was hot enough to kill more than half of the cast of "The Conqueror" some soon and some later. Best known cast member was John Wayne. He played Genghis Khan in that movie. Film was made several years after the tests and they breathed the dust from the horse scenes. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule
    I might add that Howard Hughes, who produced, the aforementioned film hauled 60 tons of radioactive dirt from the films location (Snow Canyon near Saint George Utah) taking it to Hollywood so some scenes for the movie could be shot on a sound stage. I wonder what happened to that dirt?

Maybe thats why some of the actors in Hollyweird are well........................weird.

On a lighter note, I remember being told to hide under my school desk, for protection, if the Russian's launched a nuke attack against us.

People were so naive in those days.

us
    DannThePanninMan

Jul 2005
    St George, UT
    Garrett AT Gold
    1 times

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Las Vegas Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried Schlagrule
    I might add that Howard Hughes, who produced, the aforementioned film hauled 60 tons of radioactive dirt from the films location (Snow Canyon near Saint George Utah) taking it to Hollywood so some scenes for the movie could be shot on a sound stage. I wonder what happened to that dirt?

Maybe thats why some of the actors in Hollyweird are well........................weird.

On a lighter note, I remember being told to hide under my school desk, for protection, if the Russian's launched a nuke attack against us.

People were so naive in those days.
    l Live just north of St. George...lol...
    Yes there is gold in Utah.
    Check me out on YouTube

Aug 2005
    Fisher Gold Bug
    270 times

I use to own a weekend get away home in Hurricane UT.

I was into prospecting for Uranium at the time. Which I would do in the four corners area.

Having a Geiger Counter handy, I checked the Hurricane property and surrounding area for hot spots. Never did find any.

Jan 2007
    Long Island N.Y.
    Minelab X-Terra-50, Whites classic 2

Definitely a UFO landing site.
    Notice that the pattern represents the sun.
    Great find....

Jul 2007
    Flora, MS
    White's XLT

This looks remarkably like how I have read a Soviet style SAM battery is layed out. I think I've seen the same description in different places.

Rick

us
    Sep 2006
    Washington and Oregon
    Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
    16 times

Looks like a native American sun to me, but who am I to say? Just what it appears to be is all.

~Nashoba~
    Whatever it is, it is valuable. If nothing else for the lesson learned or simply the experience of having been there.

Jan 2007
    11 times

Howard Hughes also really disliked John Wayne. Some say he knew that the site was still hot, but let shooting proceed anyway. Whenever he talked to John Wayne, just to get under his skin, Howard used to call him by his real name, Marion Wayne.

To me it looks either military, occult, or both. Regardless, very interesting.

us
    Jul 2007
    Elkins, West Virginia
    Whites DFX
    3 times

Very close to Area 51... HMMM....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	area51.jpg 
Views:	2012 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	146157  
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Feb 2007
    N OC CA
    Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
    12 times

John Wayne's real name was Marion Morrison.
    Truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it, but, in the end, there it is.

Jul 2007
    15 times

Logic would lead one to think since it looks like a SAM site and is on Nellis AFB test range, located near lots of bomb craters, then it is likely a bombing target to simulate a soviet SAM site.

Wiki has a good description and pic
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SA-2_Guideline
    Site layout

North Vietnamese S-75 site. Note the typical hexagonal pattern that made the sites easy to spot from the air; the Vietnamese later abandoned the layout for this reason.Each battalion will typically have six semi-fixed, single-rail launchers for their V-750 missiles positioned about 60-100 meters apart from each other in a hexagonal "flower" pattern with radars and guidance systems placed in the center. It was the unique "flower" shape that led to the sites being easily recognizable in reconnaissance photos. Typically another six missiles are stored on tractor-trailers near the center of the site. The pattern also resembles the Bohr model of the atom.

us
    Sep 2004
    Las Vegas
    16 times

Howard Hughes would have never been involved in anything that had to do with atomic energy. Robert Mahue, Howard Hughes alter ego is a close friend of mine, he is the one Howard appointed to get rid of all Atomic sites in Nevada. Not that it worked, but Howard spent alot of money to make sure it didn't happen.

Thanks

Jimmy Vegas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links