Strange formation in Nevada? (WITH PIC)

Eclectic

Jul 27, 2007
Flora, MS
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
This looks remarkably like how I have read a Soviet style SAM battery is layed out. I think I've seen the same description in different places.

Rick

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Looks like a native American sun to me, but who am I to say? Just what it appears to be is all.

~Nashoba~

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I might add that Howard Hughes, who produced, the aforementioned film hauled 60 tons of radioactive dirt from the films location (Snow Canyon near Saint George Utah) taking it to Hollywood so some scenes for the movie could be shot on a sound stage. I wonder what happened to that dirt?
Howard Hughes also really disliked John Wayne. Some say he knew that the site was still hot, but let shooting proceed anyway. Whenever he talked to John Wayne, just to get under his skin, Howard used to call him by his real name, Marion Wayne.

To me it looks either military, occult, or both. Regardless, very interesting.

gmstreet

Jul 29, 2007
Elkins, West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very close to Area 51... HMMM....

Attachments

• area51.jpg
    area51.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 2,062

Ramitt

Jul 24, 2007
Logic would lead one to think since it looks like a SAM site and is on Nellis AFB test range, located near lots of bomb craters, then it is likely a bombing target to simulate a soviet SAM site.

Wiki has a good description and pic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SA-2_Guideline
Site layout

North Vietnamese S-75 site. Note the typical hexagonal pattern that made the sites easy to spot from the air; the Vietnamese later abandoned the layout for this reason.Each battalion will typically have six semi-fixed, single-rail launchers for their V-750 missiles positioned about 60-100 meters apart from each other in a hexagonal "flower" pattern with radars and guidance systems placed in the center. It was the unique "flower" shape that led to the sites being easily recognizable in reconnaissance photos. Typically another six missiles are stored on tractor-trailers near the center of the site. The pattern also resembles the Bohr model of the atom.

jimmyvegas

Sep 19, 2004
Las Vegas
Howard Hughes would have never been involved in anything that had to do with atomic energy. Robert Mahue, Howard Hughes alter ego is a close friend of mine, he is the one Howard appointed to get rid of all Atomic sites in Nevada. Not that it worked, but Howard spent alot of money to make sure it didn't happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions