nevadadesert.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 3,212

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm not getting the same location from your coordinates, and can't read the ones on the picture. Looks interesting, though. Can you restate the coordinates for us as they are shown on the picture? Thanks. -Noodle

OP
OP
Kiros32

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noodle said:
I'm not getting the same location from your coordinates, and can't read the ones on the picture. Looks interesting, though. Can you restate the coordinates for us as they are shown on the picture? Thanks. -Noodle

Sorry, they are:

37*24'04.86" N
116*52'04.14" W

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not at home and don't have goggle where I'm at.

What is this near, close too? Closet town/city?

OP
OP
Kiros32

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Las Vegas Bob said:
Not at home and don't have goggle where I'm at.

What is this near, close too? Closet town/city?

33.5 NNE of Rhyolite Ghost Town
124.6 NNW of Las Vegas

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Got to be military. Look just NNE of it. Strange airport-type thing with planes on the runways. Several desert sites all connected. Looks hot out there. How far away from Area 51????

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking military.

I found a pattern like that before.

It turned out it was where the flag pole stood on what was the old Nellis AFB back when it was Army Air Corp.

jonesat

Greenie
Nov 3, 2006
Without even checking the background clues or area context clues, this looks to me like an old Nike/Hercules site, fairly classic battery configuration, with access roads, perimeter central radar control site, spread batteries..I'd be surprised if it were anything else...maybe some pocket change from the fifties around the site?

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, they are:

37*24'04.86" N
116*52'04.14" W
[/quote]

You sure about these numbers as well? I couldn't find anything close to what you pictured when I mapped them last night.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Bob,
Try this: 37 24'04.86" N, 116 52'04.14" W

Cut and paste it right into GoogleEarth search blank.

Noodle

Miner49er

May 16, 2007
This is the Nevada Test Site in southwest Nevada. If you use a topo of the area you will see Yucca Mtn. where the gov't. was planning to bury our nuclear waste. The mountain has already been dug out, waiting for word to bury the waste. I think this is probably the same area where the A-bomb tests were conducted underground. There are quite a few bomb craters in the area as well.
Bill

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noodle said:
Bob,
Try this: 37 24'04.86" N, 116 52'04.14" W

Cut and paste it right into GoogleEarth search blank.

Noodle

Thanks found it.

This is part of the Nevada test site. Just to the right of the configuration I found these bomb craters. There are many more bomb craters due North of these.

The second pic is a correlation between the configuration and the location of the infamous area 51. The green circle's above the area 51 pin are the Alfalfa fields near Rachel Nevada.

Attachments

• test site.jpg
    test site.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 2,999
  • distance to area 51.jpg
    distance to area 51.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 3,098

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a pict of a small area where the actual Atomic weapons were tested.

This pic is in an area approx. half way between the configuration (in the first pic posted Kiros) and area 51.

Attachments

• atomic test range.jpg
    atomic test range.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 2,859

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes.

It's mandatory that every one out there wears a radiation badge.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Noodle said:
Is this ground still "hot"? Just curious.

It was hot enough to kill more than half of the cast of "The Conqueror" some soon and some later. Best known cast member was John Wayne. He played Genghis Khan in that movie. Film was made several years after the tests and they breathed the dust from the horse scenes. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
Noodle said:

It was hot enough to kill more than half of the cast of "The Conqueror" some soon and some later. Best known cast member was John Wayne. He played Genghis Khan in that movie. Film was made several years after the tests and they breathed the dust from the horse scenes. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule

I might add that Howard Hughes, who produced, the aforementioned film hauled 60 tons of radioactive dirt from the films location (Snow Canyon near Saint George Utah) taking it to Hollywood so some scenes for the movie could be shot on a sound stage. I wonder what happened to that dirt?

Maybe thats why some of the actors in Hollyweird are well........................weird.

On a lighter note, I remember being told to hide under my school desk, for protection, if the Russian's launched a nuke attack against us.

People were so naive in those days.

Drakien

Jul 13, 2005
St George, UT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I
Las Vegas Bob said:
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
Noodle said:

I might add that Howard Hughes, who produced, the aforementioned film hauled 60 tons of radioactive dirt from the films location (Snow Canyon near Saint George Utah) taking it to Hollywood so some scenes for the movie could be shot on a sound stage. I wonder what happened to that dirt?

Maybe thats why some of the actors in Hollyweird are well........................weird.

On a lighter note, I remember being told to hide under my school desk, for protection, if the Russian's launched a nuke attack against us.

People were so naive in those days.
l Live just north of St. George...lol...

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to own a weekend get away home in Hurricane UT.

I was into prospecting for Uranium at the time. Which I would do in the four corners area.

Having a Geiger Counter handy, I checked the Hurricane property and surrounding area for hot spots. Never did find any.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread