Ok people, time to raise the dead and see who we still have detecting in N.H. ! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ok people, time to raise the dead and see who we still have detecting in N.H. !

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Congratulations to the Winner!

Jan 2010
    New Castle NH.
    Brain eyes ears and nose
    646 times
    Working to end Western Dominator Society, Scourge of the Modern World
    Banner Finds (6)

Re: Ok people, time to raise the dead and see who we still have detecting in N.H. !

Quote Originally Posted by rikmak
    Hi Folks,

Brand spankin' new to the past-time, with an interest in gold prospecting. Does anyone know if the Concord group is still going? Or another group of prospectors in south central NH? Looking forward to shopping for a MD and getting my feet wet (literally).

Happy Spring!
    Rick M.
    Greetings and welcome Rick
    Don't know about the Concord group.
    Did some panning on the Baker river in Woodstock, got a .049 g flake and a lot of small garnet.
    I know theres lots of good detecting in NH, been a great year for me already,
    3 - 17th C silvers so far, and many lesser (but good) finds.
    Once you get a detector, expect to be hooked
    look forward to seeing your Finds! HH, Herbie
    Desire is oft more pleasant than acquisition

us
    Human Being

May 2011
    Nottingham, NH
    MineLab Explorer SE Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer.
    8 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Ok people, time to raise the dead and see who we still have detecting in N.H. !

I don't have any expensive or fancy detectors, but they beep and find lost items. (I've done "OK" so far with them) But willing to dig in the dirt and find stuff. Let me know if/when you are going dirt fishin in the area I'd love to tag along.

Congratulations to the Winner!

Jan 2010
    New Castle NH.
    Brain eyes ears and nose
    646 times
    Working to end Western Dominator Society, Scourge of the Modern World
    Banner Finds (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio72
    I don't have any expensive or fancy detectors, but they beep and find lost items. (I've done "OK" so far with them) But willing to dig in the dirt and find stuff. Let me know if/when you are going dirt fishin in the area I'd love to tag along.
    Hi Scorpio,
    You got everything you need
    If you wanna get together in strafford or rochester co,
    I can show you some sites
    Desire is oft more pleasant than acquisition

us
    Human Being

May 2011
    Nottingham, NH
    MineLab Explorer SE Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer.
    8 times

I searched my back yard today to get a feel and refresher course on the tones, I couldn't believe how much more items came to the surface. The first tone I got was copper about eight inches down, when It resurfaced, it was a three prong to two prong adapter about eight inches down and seemes like someone dumped a thirty gallon barrel of pull tabs and bottle tops everywhere. Last fall I cleaned up the yard fairly good so I thought, not a single tone and now its loaded with foil, tabs, and iron. I'm thinking the frost (if there was any) did a great job of raising the lost to be found again.
    Whats the game plan for this weekend? Do you know if anyone else might be interested in some cellar holes and grist mills in Barrington, NH?

us
    Bruce

Aug 2007
    Chester, New Hampshire
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Tesoro Conqistador umax
    3 times
    Hi all, I see there is more activity on here finally. I hope this starts to be a regular posting site in the near future. I will try to check the New Hampshire postings daily and reply to all. Maybe when can kick start this site. I'm in Chester and have plenty of woods and fields to share. Years ago I was strictly a Beach detector-est. But now I am hooked on all types. Looking forward to lots more posts here.
    Have you made someone laugh today?

us
    Doug

Nov 2008
    Mid southern NH
    Minelab Explorer XS,Minelab Excaliber 800, Ace 250, Minelab X-Terra 70, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
    3 times
    Metal detecting Land and water, Old bottles and Glass insulators, Fishing
    Quote Originally Posted by BamofNH View Post
    Hi all, I see there is more activity on here finally. I hope this starts to be a regular posting site in the near future. I will try to check the New Hampshire postings daily and reply to all. Maybe when can kick start this site. I'm in Chester and have plenty of woods and fields to share. Years ago I was strictly a Beach detector-est. But now I am hooked on all types. Looking forward to lots more posts here.
    Morning Bam....lets see if anyone is still here.

us
    Jun 2007
    Near Bangor, Maine
    Minelab Safari ProPointer
    149 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm your next door neighbor in Southern Vermont. I just got my Safari from Streeters a few weeks ago and trying (struggling) to learn the ropes..after using the Ace 250 for about 5 years, I'm finding this detector a little challenging. Anywhoo--would love to get together with the "neighbors" for a hunt, and maybe a lesson from someone who has a similar machine. There are some decent spots here in my area, but haven't found the "money" spot yet. Are there a few of you out there that would want to set something up for one of these weekends in your neck of the woods?
    Last edited by artemis moon; May 30, 2012 at 08:37 AM.
    I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death

us
    Bruce

Aug 2007
    Chester, New Hampshire
    3 times
    Hi NHDug, I'm sure with daily activity on here, we'll get some things going and maybe a few small group hunts.

Artemis, my wife has a Safari and uses it pretty well. I know what your going through going from a two tone machine to a Synthesizer. I'm sure we can find some time maybe in June.

us
    Jun 2007
    Near Bangor, Maine
    149 times
    Metal Detecting
    Awesome!! I think it would make a huge difference to get out with someone else and see how they work the Safari. I'd love to get together some time during a weekend in June - You guys pick the spot.

us
    Bruce

Aug 2007
    Chester, New Hampshire
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by artemis moon View Post
    Awesome!! I think it would make a huge difference to get out with someone else and see how they work the Safari. I'd love to get together some time during a weekend in June - You guys pick the spot.
    I have a lot to do, (neglected outdoor maintenance chores) but I think we can make it happen. I'm just east of Manchester, so that is a bit of a ride for both you and me in either direction not sure where you actually are. We'll figure something out in the next week or two.

us
    Jun 2007
    Near Bangor, Maine
    149 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by BamofNH View Post
    I have a lot to do, (neglected outdoor maintenance chores) but I think we can make it happen. I'm just east of Manchester, so that is a bit of a ride for both you and me in either direction not sure where you actually are. We'll figure something out in the next week or two.
    I know what you mean- with all of the rain, we've had to mow the yard every weekend lately. The hub and I are not opposed to a day trip. Are you anywhere near Exeter? He's been itching to get to the Sig Sauer factory - maybe we can kill two birds with one stone.

us
    Bruce

Aug 2007
    Chester, New Hampshire
    3 times
    Sig is about 15 to 20 minutes away from me. My wife Cindy (Cindarelic) uses the safari, I'll have to ask her when we are available. So does your husband detect too?

Also you should look into NHBobsmetaldetectingforum.com and join if you really like detecting. There is a bunch of great people on there and about 5 from your area. It is based in Keene, NH. Check it out. NHBob himself is very resourceful. Bob your hat won't fit if you let your head swell after reading this. he he he
    Last edited by BamofNH; Jun 06, 2012 at 06:05 PM.

us
    Oct 2012
    us
    Garrett AT Pro, White's V3i, stock coil and 18x15 SEF
    4 times
    My name is Richard and I am new to detecting and it started after I got interested in gold prospecting. But I don't believe I am going to get rich digging for gold. I do believe however there is a lot of old lost treasure in New England. I have done a lot of research into true lost treasure and I have a few very promising spots narrowed down that I would like to look but would like to see if I cant get a few others to help me. I am not expecting to find what I am looking for but you never know and its just the idea that maybe something of history is found that makes it worth while. I am planing on visiting a site near Nashua in the near future and don't want to go alone. Any help would be much appreciated
    Last edited by Bungyrich; Nov 25, 2012 at 10:58 PM.

us
    Anita

Apr 2012
    New Hampshire & Maine
    V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
    348 times
    Husband and I live west of Nashua. Have been detecting since April 2012. Oldest find: 1892 IH penny in park. Most "valuable" find: 14k wedding band in wet sand. Most interesting find: early 1900's "Tiffany" style silver watch fob from cellar hole. Weirdest find: crack pipe (glass) found on top of sand. We like to try to get out as often as possible (usually every weekend) and so far, with the mild winter, have still been out hunting.

HH to all,
    Anita
    "You'll never find your gold on a sandy beach". - Jim Steinman (musician)
    You can bet he never used a metal detector!!!

us
    May 2013
    Goffstown, NH
    Metal Detecting
    Hello All,

New to metal detecting and still learning. Hope to be going to other places besides my back yard to look for any "treasure". I am in southern NH, just outside of Manchester. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links