Newbie Looking for someone to teach me the ropes in Central, NJ. Take me with u

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have not done so already you should check out Deep Search Metal Detecting Club. We meet the thrid Monday of each month at the East Brunswick library at 7:30pm.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure of the actual number of members but there are about 30-40 active members. The club has been around since 1982 so there are a bunch of members that moved away and live in other states but still are members so they get the newsletter and stay in touch with everyone. Good group of people.

NJ

BTW They usually meet on the third Monday of each month (unless it is a holiday) at the East Brunswick library at 7pm. If there is a holiday it will either be the 2 or 4 Monday depending on availability.

Last edited:

mrnavy2

Greenie
Oct 3, 2012
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab 505, Sleath Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good. I will try to make the next meeting. Anyone I should ask for

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since President's Day falls on the 18th of Feb. the next meeting is Feb. 25. You can ask for Jack who is the club president. The meetings are in the rooms to the back left of the library. Deep Search will be written on the white board outside the room. At the beginning of the meeting they will ask if there are any guests. I'm John and will be there but late...I work rather far from there so usually don't get there until 7:30.

Look forward to meeting you.
NJ

mrnavy2

Greenie
Oct 3, 2012
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab 505, Sleath Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok John thanks for the info. Looking forward in meeting u all also. See u then. Steve.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are there any club in Monmouth county?

There are no traditional metal detecting clubs in Monmouth that I'm aware of but many people from there and other counties are part of Deep Search. If you enjoy finding history and preserving it but not keeping it then check out BRAVO: Battlefield Restoration & Archaeological Volunteer Organization. This group is based in Monmouth county but I don't believe they are excepting new members but I'm sure you could go to a meeting as a guest and see what happens. If interested let me know and I will find out when the next meeting is for you.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread