BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in the very early stages of securing permission for hunting an historic site in Sussex County. It might take a few months until things are ironed out so this post is really a ping to see who might be interested in a summertime hunt. All finds would need to be turned over to the committee responsible for the site but I suspect you would be able to get them tagged with your name if they end up on display in a museum. Can't say any more right now because I don't want to disrupt the process. If you are a forum member and are interested respond here. As I make progress, I will update this thread with more info.

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd be interesting in digging with you. Good luck with working out the permissions.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Badmonkey, I'm in Morris county and would love to participate in a Summer hunt. Please keep us informed. Good luck!

OP
OP
BadM0nkey

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. I will update as i know more.

OP
OP
BadM0nkey

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pinged the guys working on getting a lease on the site yesterday. It's still an active project but will still take some time to work out. Once they have a lease they will need to secure liability insurance before anyone can go there.

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this all comes through and the hunt's allowed.

sketch008

Greenie
Apr 18, 2013
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21
Bounty Hunter / Platinum
Garrett / Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in the very early stages of securing permission for hunting an historic site in Sussex County. It might take a few months until things are ironed out so this post is really a ping to see who might be interested in a summertime hunt. All finds would need to be turned over to the committee responsible for the site but I suspect you would be able to get them tagged with your name if they end up on display in a museum. Can't say any more right now because I don't want to disrupt the process. If you are a forum member and are interested respond here. As I make progress, I will update this thread with more info.

Hi, I was just wondering if you had any updates? Thank you

OP
OP
BadM0nkey

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not yet. It is still alive though.

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PM me details, I have experience .

OP
OP
BadM0nkey

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soon as this excruciatingly slow process in done I will PM those that are interested.

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool. Keeping my fingers crossed that this comes through.

Sherpat

Feb 3, 2016
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi BadMonkey -

Please forgive my reviving an old thread, but I just joined the forum yesterday and started looking first in the NJ Folder, where I saw this.

Did anything ultimately come of this hunt? I live near Vernon and would be very eager to join an endeavor like this in the future, if one should come up again.

All the best,

Tom

RTH

Sep 22, 2015
Hunterdon County NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, White's MXT, Minelab EQ800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just came across this thread and I was wondering if there was ever any activity with this hunt. I would be interested in learning if anything was found or if anyone was interested in looking into locations for this summer. I am in the Califon area in North Hunterdon county.

Rich

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't believe anything ever happened with this hunt. I chimed in originally (I'm in Morris County), but never heard anything more about it.
I'm still interested in some spring and summer searching. I don't have any specific locations in mind, though.

- Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions