where to hunt good coins and relics in CENTRAL NJ

MoonDragn

Jul 24, 2007
Hey I lived in NJ for a while, in fact not too far from jackson. I would suggest trying the shore first though, Sandy hook, point pleasant etc. Even the beaches of atlantic city. Anywhere with alot of traffic usually have alot of lost coins lying around.

As for relics etc. Pick up a few copies of Wierd NJ. There are locations listed in there of weird and interesting places to go in NJ. I bet some of them would be good to find stuff on.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try Big Brook in marlboro twshp. Better known for sharks teeth and other cretaceous goodies but I've found a number of old coins and relics there over the years. Stay close to the banks within the brook bed - outside is private property. never failed to walk out of there without some 19th century doodad.

try the abandined chicken farms outside the jackson outlets. found a silver dollar down there a few years ago.

Aug 6, 2011
Somerset NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett: ACE350, GTI2500, and radio shack models..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Double check the beach laws. The first time I took my detector to the beach.. (Sandy Hook) I set it down what I thought was way above the wave line.. To grab son darting toward the water.. don't you know the next wave washed way up on shore just far enough to knock my detector over soaking the control box.... Killing it..
When I posted this story people mentioned Had I been caught detecting I would have been fined...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread