Upstate NY anyone?

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Hi Bruce:

I live in the Binghamton, NY area. I have been bitten by this bug and I am looking forward to getting my first real metal detector for my birthday. My wife wanted me to find a hobby where I can relax and get outside and get some fresh air.

Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Jeff

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Hi Bruce:

I am in the New York area. Live near the big city of Binghamton, NY. Have not yet obtained my metal detector, though I do hope to get one for my upcoming birthday. Once I do, I will be going nuts till the spring. Right now I can look out my window and just grumble at the snow that is falling right now.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Sincerely,
Jeff aka Southern_Boy

beep

Mar 10, 2007
I'm also in the upstate area, and if it snows one more day I'm going to scream! I bought my Garret Ace last year from a shop in Syrcause but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Hopefully this spring I can get out. After looking at the finds in the forum here I'm absolutly going nuts wanting to search. I wonder if my detector has a snow bank setting - depth of 10 feet or so?

N

nailfinder

Hey Bruce ,
I'm north of Albany about 30 miles. Still have snow here so I'm still lookin at old maps of the area. I like the Mohawk Valley's history but havn't done much TH'ing there yet. (Need better maps) Cant wait to get out and find some old silver soon.

computech

Greenie
Apr 14, 2007
Clay NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ20, Whites DFX, and Black Widow Headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll enjoy it in more ways than one.
I've been TH'ing in upstate NY off and on since 1982

Ed

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Didn't you folks get lots of snow in a Nor'Easter over night? My brother used to live in Buffalo so I know a Spring snowstorm is no fun.

N

nailfinder

Up here north of Albany we got hit fairly hard. Just as the flowers were about to bloom they got covered with 6" of slush! Oh well, it'll be over soon and folks will be griping aboput the black flies. I've gotten out briefly in the mud and found a 1814 large cent. First find of the year ;D.
HH,

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
nailfinder said:
Up here north of Albany we got hit fairly hard. Just as the flowers were about to bloom they got covered with 6" of slush! Oh well, it'll be over soon and folks will be griping aboput the black flies. I've gotten out briefly in the mud and found a 1814 large cent. First find of the year ;D.
HH,
I am south east of Albany like 5 miles..We should hook up and dig some holes sometime.

N

nailfinder

Hey Outraged,
Got any snow left south of Albany? If not I could send you some :D. If you want to get out and dig some holes sometime you can feel free to email me direct. Cant wait to get out.

mark43

Apr 8, 2007
Peru, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 whites m6
northeast ny here.....plattsburgh.....the battle of....awesome area....getting ready to try a little hunting soon.....we need a club up here....take care all

computech

Greenie
Apr 14, 2007
Clay NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ20, Whites DFX, and Black Widow Headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking for someone in central NY to coin shoot with.
Please leave message

Thanks,
Ed

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Stupid question - what's coin shooting?

Is that where you throw a coin into the air and see if you can put a hole in it via a quick draw from a western gun?

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Thank You. Not as sporting an image as the shoot the hole in the coin thing, but I get it. ;D

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I live in Endicott NY...been lookin for people who live around me for quite some time now that would like to go metal detecting with me and my dad. We dont relle have any places to go right now, so if anyone has any tips or would like us to join in just let me kno

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
I am in Chittenango NY just east of Syracuse. Hunting with someone is better then hunting alone any day. HH,
Donny

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Hey all,I am in Bernards Bay NY(few miles east of central square)oswego county.I know there are not any md'ing clubs this way,nor do I know of anyone else that detects this area other than myself,As soon as I can get some time I'd like to get a hunting partner myself,talked to djabend a couple of times and would like to try and hunt his area.

Maybe us central NY hunters can meet up at a common place that is convenient for everyone and figure out some places we can hunt togeather,share stories etc. kinda like our own mini club.(just an idea)

if interested send me a messege and we can discuss making this happen.

be safe & HH
~Shawn~

Disciple

Feb 23, 2006
West Monroe, NY USA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
UnEarthed72 said:
Hey all,I am in Bernards Bay NY(few miles east of central square)oswego county.I know there are not any md'ing clubs this way,nor do I know of anyone else that detects this area other than myself,As soon as I can get some time I'd like to get a hunting partner myself,talked to djabend a couple of times and would like to try and hunt his area.

Maybe us central NY hunters can meet up at a common place that is convenient for everyone and figure out some places we can hunt togeather,share stories etc. kinda like our own mini club.(just an idea)

if interested send me a messege and we can discuss making this happen.

be safe & HH
~Shawn~

Hey Shawn,
I'm right in West Monroe ..... maybe we can meet up and detect together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread