Westchester County, New York Metal Detecting Club

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New Westchester County, New York MD Club

The number of people calling me about metal detecting here in the Hudson Valley has grown so much that I think it is time to start a club. For the record, I don’t like hobby clubs for several reasons. The number ONE reason is know-it-all; I’m-smarter-than-you; My-equipment/technique-is-better-than-yours; blowhards. As a metal detectorist since 1977, I have experienced all aspects of the blowhard persona, and if you are one of these insecure, attention-needing freaks - do not expect to be welcomed into the fold.

Our new club will probably be unlike any other. You will move up the ranks of seniority by HELPING other members, and finding locations the club can hunt together. In fact, the price of full admission into our club will be hosting a club hunt at a location you found and have permission to hunt. No dues, no club officers, no “required” meetings.

My vision is a social network of like-minded hobbyists who actually enjoy meeting other people, swinging their machines, and growing/sharing their knowledge and experience base. As we get our membership together, we can explore bringing on local sponsors and equipment dealers to help us put together public relations and education projects that will benefit the club, local charities, and our various Hudson Valley communities.

The club will be based in White Plains, New York, the Westchester County seat, and will meet informally once a month to welcome new members, share finds, discuss new projects and hunts, and to recognize current members for their contributions to the club and fellow members. Our first meeting will be a get-to-know each other affair, at The Porter House in downtown White Plains (on Mamaroneck Ave).

If you are interested in attending please send an email with “Westchester MD Club” in the subject line to me at: [email protected] by Monday, April 30, 2012.

On May 1st, I’ll send everyone that emailed me the day and time to meet at The Porter House for our first meeting where I will kick things off by providing the location and day of our first club hunt! I am looking forward to meeting you. - Terry

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Eleven responses so far! If you want to come hang out at the pub one Wednesday night a month, talk about metal detecting and find new places to hunt and new friends to hunt with, please drop me an email by April 30th! Read Below! - Terry

New Westchester County, New York MD Club

The number of people calling me about metal detecting here in the Hudson Valley has grown so much that I think it is time to start a club. For the record, I don’t like hobby clubs for several reasons. The number ONE reason is know-it-all; I’m-smarter-than-you; My-equipment/technique-is-better-than-yours; blowhards. As a metal detectorist since 1977, I have experienced all aspects of the blowhard persona, and if you are one of these insecure, attention-needing freaks - do not expect to be welcomed into the fold.

Our new club will probably be unlike any other. You will move up the ranks of seniority by HELPING other members, and finding locations the club can hunt together. In fact, the price of full admission into our club will be hosting a club hunt at a location you found and have permission to hunt. No dues, no club officers, no “required” meetings.

My vision is a social network of like-minded hobbyists who actually enjoy meeting other people, swinging their machines, and growing/sharing their knowledge and experience base. As we get our membership together, we can explore bringing on local sponsors and equipment dealers to help us put together public relations and education projects that will benefit the club, local charities, and our various Hudson Valley communities.

The club will be based in White Plains, New York, the Westchester County seat, and will meet informally once a month to welcome new members, share finds, discuss new projects and hunts, and to recognize current members for their contributions to the club and fellow members. Our first meeting will be a get-to-know each other affair, at The Porter House in downtown White Plains (on Mamaroneck Ave).

If you are interested in attending please send an email with “Westchester MD Club” in the subject line to me at: [email protected] by Monday, April 30, 2012.

On May 1st, I’ll send everyone that emailed me the day and time to meet at The Porter House for our first meeting where I will kick things off by providing the location and day of our first club hunt! I am looking forward to meeting you. - Terry

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
May I be a member of your club, even though I might not be able to make any meetings? I can try to make a hunt when I can. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread