80.6 KB · Views: 359

sparky661

Jun 1, 2012
Oswego NY
Detector(s) used
ETRAC ,T2 SE , Garret Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing found? What a bummer.... Looks like a great place. The history is awesome.

Spoonsize

Tenderfoot
Sep 10, 2012
Long Lake
Detector(s) used
V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was NOT a wasted effort by any means. I met a couple more aficionados and they were great company. None of us found anything to write home about, nails, pop-tops, pocket fishing scale, fishing lure, shell casings as well as a lamp base, or at least what looked like a lamp base to me. There was another well, much deeper then the one posted but I don't think anybody got a shot of it.

On the way home I drove past a small beach and on a whim I went back to detect it. Found a nickel, a penny and this Tungsten Carbide ring.

tungstenring.jpg

Steve

sparky661

Jun 1, 2012
Oswego NY
Detector(s) used
ETRAC ,T2 SE , Garret Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's cool... Hope u guys had a great time wish Matt and I could have made it. Have to put together another hunt some day.

OP
OP
Gi_Jungle

Gi_Jungle

Aug 17, 2012
Glenville,NY
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites Spectrum XLT, Pro Pointer
Well in late October, when they let the water level of sacandaga lake go way down it uncovers numerous foundation walls from homes in the 30's and earlier. Hopefully the deep freeze will stay away long enough to get out there to get them. I'll put the word out when it gets to that point.

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I may be able to get a few guys together from the Syracuse are that would like to hunt the area if we can set it up for a weekend...I will have to contact them...Possibly 3 plus me.

HH,

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Either or...I am sure they would just be glad to hunt an old area with the possibillity of finding older coins or relics...Kinda running out of spots and finds around Syracuse.

HH,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread