Anyone in Westchester NY.

The Standard

Nov 9, 2005
White Plains New York
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
i'm in white plains, use a bounty hunter pioneer 202, so you are probably out of my league, but i can always discuss sites, have a bunch of decent looking ones on paper. i find the research to be more fun sometimes.

OP
OP
2 many Hobbies

2 many Hobbies

Mar 8, 2007
Westchester New York
Detector(s) used
Etrac, AT pro,Tesoro Vaquero, Ace 350, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is fun researching sites.I found a map of 1835 and where i live was all swamp.Sometimes it doesent matter what kind of detector you use the most important thing is that you are finding things and having fun.I found out that you cannot detect county parks so I don't know if you can detect city parks.I know the beach is OK.Where do you detect.

RestoringYourFinds

Apr 11, 2012
Westchester, NY + FRANCE
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys,

As i can see, this post is getting a little old. Anyway, have to try replying it. I have just applied for my second permit but haven't used the first that much. I also joined 2 nice clubs but i am still looking to go out detecting a little more. Therefore i am looking for detecting buddies. I live in Westchester. Feel free to PM me.

KyleT

May 16, 2013
Yonkers
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old thread, but maybe I can get people interested. I'm in Eastchester and need to partner out there!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As a kid, I lived on Field End Lane near the Eastchester HS. Between the HS and FEL there was an area of vacant land and on that land there once existed a hugh boulder that contained garnets as big as marbles. I would take a screw driver and hammer to that rock, then collect the garnets in a jar. Maybe that rock is still there. Google Earth still shows that area vacant.
Also, 'back in the day',(read: before metal detectors were readily available 1949-1950) a lady lost her diamond ring in the water in the kiddie area of the lake adjacent to Interlaken Garden Apartments (now coops). Perhaps...........
Good hunting,
Don...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread