Raleigh groups

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome. There are several of us here in Raleigh and surrounding areas that would be glad to help you get started. :)

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
meeulk,

Two of us, in the club, are from Raleigh. It was 163 mi round trip to our meeting place in Greensboro. We're looking at maybe moving the meetings a little closer to Raleigh. Maybe Burlington or there abouts. If more are interested we might do well by car pooling to the meetings which will probably be held once a month, as a general rule. Hopefully, in the future, we'll try to get a meeting and some kind of hunt scheduled on the same day.

By the way the two from Raleigh are the bald headed guy on the front left and the duffus looking guy next to him.

Bob

Ron P

Apr 14, 2009
Cary, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Greeting Everyone,

I like in Cary and recently started metal detecting and would like to join your group. Please post the location and time of the next meeting. If anyone is going MDing this weekend and would like a partner, I'd like to learn some techniques. I tried a few places around Cary, but nothing significant except a lot of trash.

Thansk, Ron

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is info on the local Raleigh club. I plan on attending my first meeting along with some other Treasurenet members on Monday July 27th. Hopefully we can get more local TN members to check it out too. I spoke Gene the president of the club and it sounds like a great group. Mostly relic hunters, but some coin shooters too. Don't quote me on this, but I believe there are currently about 14 active members. They do club hunts too.
Looking forward to seeing some more of you TN guys & gals there on July 27th.
-MM-

TRIANGLE RELIC RECOVERY & HISTORICAL PRESERVATION ASSN
RALEIGH, NC

CONTACT
Gene Feierstein
e-mail: [email protected]
Meeting are held the 4th Monday of every Month at 7:30PM at the Ridge Rd Baptist Church 2011 Ridge Rd. Raleigh, NC 27607

Yearly dues are only $25 to cover prizes, the meeting spot, and other club costs.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,
If you live in the Raleigh area, I highly recommend you check out this local detecting club. I went to my first meeting last night and the club made me feel right at home. What a great group of guys, with a vast array of knowledge in detecting, gold panning, fossil hunting, relic preservation, etc. This club is well established, and a lot of fun.
There were snacks, discussions, members monthly relic finds, drawings, prizes, and lots of laughs.
The club has group hunts AND a Christmas party / gift exchange every year too.
I was glad to see about four other new members there from Treasurenet too. :icon_thumleft:
Looking forward to our next meeting on AUGUST 24th.
You guys rock! :headbang:
-MM-

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds good, Doug. Now I'm sorry that I didn't make more of an effort to get there. Next month...

They sound like a good group of guys.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rwsnc said:
Sounds good, Doug. Now I'm sorry that I didn't make more of an effort to get there. Next month...

You will honestly enjoy this club. Great time!
Get you rump out there and start digging so you can display your months finds at the next meeting. :icon_thumleft:
-Dug-

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ModernMiner said:
rwsnc said:

You will honestly enjoy this club. Great time!
Get you rump out there and start digging so you can display your months finds at the next meeting. :icon_thumleft:
-Dug-

Messed up my back a week or so ago. Haven't even been golfing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread