Intro, newbie here

Loui

Oct 11, 2005
Hello all, I feel like I know many of you who post frequently as I have been lurking for several months. This is such an interesting forum and you all give great info and ideas, so I decided to join. I will order my Ace 250 today from either Kellyco or Dick's (with 10% off coupon but no freebies). Any insight from you folks as to which company I should order from would be appreciated. Is customer service better from one than the other? I have never done any metal detecting but can't wait to get started. I am in NC and have been a successful treasure hunter in an armchair venue, which is how I originally found this site. I look forward to finding more treasures with my metal detector. Thanks so much.
Loui

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Loui!

Welcome to the forum! I ordered my md from Kellyco...no problems here.... I don't know anything about the other company...
but good luck hunting and do post those finds! ;)

Nana ;)

Hoggtyed

Sep 20, 2005
Central North Carolina
Hello and welcome Loui.
I too am new here, and my ace 250 will be on the way soon, I almost have a enough saved back in my rainyday stash. I see you are in NC I live in the central part of the state near Greensboro Good hunting to you, Hogg

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Welcome Loui........you'll like the 250.

Im also from NC (piedmont)....not too far from Hog. Theres getting to be quite a few from the Old North State on here.

I just checked the link that was posted above. That looks to be a killer deal. :o When did they come out with the bigger coil? ???
I'll be having one of those.

Hoggtyed

Sep 20, 2005
Central North Carolina
Ok, now I have a question: What are the benifits of haveing multiple sized coils? I know the 250 has a small coil , I think 4x6 the 6x9 comes standard, and the larger 9x12.. I would assume each has it drawbacks as well.??

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Loui,

welcome to the board.

I used "Dicks" and was very satisfied. No taxes, fast delivery.

Have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
welcome to the forum! the benifit of having different sized coils is that each will excell in different hunting conditions. the 6.5x9" coil will probably be your workhorse coil and work well in most situations. the small sniper coil will work better than the standard coil in trashy conditions such as in front of baseball bleachers where there will be a ton of pulltabs and foil.its just easier to get between the trash with a small coil. the larger coil will work better in a large open area such as a cornfield because it will cover more ground with each swing and the depth will be better. generally speaking the larger the coil the greater the depth.you should really like that ace! they give you a lot of machine for the money. dont forget to post your finds! :)

OP
OP
L

Loui

Oct 11, 2005
Thanks, everyone, for the replies and warm welcome. I am really excited about beginning this great hobby. To Hogg and Zeke: I too am in the Piedmont, near Greensboro. I wish there was a local club. Maybe after I begin learning the machine, you guys can suggest some good areas to hunt.
Loui

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread