Guilford or Rockingham county

tlaw

Greenie
Mar 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I live in Rockingham County. I'm up for some metal detecting. Do you by any chance know of some good locations?
Thanks!
Trina

AKMeggs

Apr 15, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there. New member, new to metal detecting and live in Forsyth but willing to travel.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm from Eden, in Rockingham County, but do live in VA following retirement. My oldest friends live in Eden today. There are quite a few easy hunts in Eden, but the last I hunted there was 30 years ago. It's likely I didn't get all the silver & gold.

A tip for you locals, most of the cotton mills were near water. I remember when I was a kid, there used to be a lot of poker games on the river banks by the mills.

Last edited:

tlaw

Greenie
Mar 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi DeepseekerADS!

Thanks for the tip about people playing poker along the riverbanks near the mills.
My father was the plant manager of one of those mills long before it shut down in the 1990s, so I know the area well.

Do you care to share anymore hunts that I am totally overlooking in Eden?

Also, just curious, how well did you do in your hunt there 30 years ago... Time sure does fly. [emoji4]

Thanks!

Trina

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions