Fayetteville

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
OMG...my home town...grew up in Lafayette Village...JW Coon Elementary school district off of Hope Mills Road.

Wish I was there, I'd go with you....;)

Try Hope Mills Lake, if you're in the military....check with the Post Security Officer....you may be able to detect around there.

On Post, I know on Sharp Drive...where Holbrook Elementary is (I went to school there too!)...220 Sharp Drive is where we use to live...it would be great to detect the fields between the housing units and where we lived...behind the houses there was a creek...we use to play there all the time...it was like a red clay and we always made things from it...there use to be a clump of 3 trees and a spot with 1 tree and every Sunday, a lady would come to the "3 trees" and read and tell us Bible Stories. That is where I learned "Jesus Loves Me"..:)

Across from Holbrook Elem...was the PX and Commissary...I think last I was there...they have like a mini-mart or something like that and a laundry room...looked horrible...abandoned!!

As for Hope Mills Road...I'd walk up and down that road...unless they have repaved since last I was home...folks walked that road all the time when I was growing up. At the corner of Raeford Rd and Hope Mills Road...use to be a Tastee Freeze and on the other corner, ESSO Gas (later became EXXON)...lots of places to detect....

Good Luck and have fun!! Hope you find someone closer to detect with!!!
Annmarie

coda

Jun 29, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Detector(s) used
MXT
Jeffsinc,

Im not sure about experience but have plenty of ambition so let me know when you can hunt.

Coda

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread