Central Ohio Metal Detecting Association 4/17/2010 Meeting

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Thanks everyone for coming to the meeting and pitching in for the cleanup. I was really impressed with enthusiasm and the amount of trash we picked up, and I know I put some broken glass that was on one of the athletic fields in my bag. The winner of the trash cleanup raffle got an Association t-shirt! For more pictures of the cleaup follow this link http://www.ohiodetecting.com/community-service.html

Dan (gibsondan) was the big "winner" as far as detecting, he turned up a 1941 Mercury dime during the hunt before the meeting.

I forgot to count but I think we had around 20 people again at this meeting. I went over the website http://www.ohiodetecting.com/ where you can find all the information on the club including the Bylaws. The membership link is not active yet on the website, but as soon as we get the bank account setup it will be working and we will be able to take PayPal credit card payments. I'll be updating the website with photos from the meeting and adding some more information tonight and over the next few days.

We took at least 12 paid memberships (I think) and made money for the club with a 50/50 raffle. Anthony (iwannafindsome)was the winner of the 50/50 raffle with $32! Congrats! We had some t-shirts for sale and also the tickets for the gold coin raffle.

I'll put together a more complete report later for the Association website, I hope I'm not forgetting anything important... it's been a long day! We had some great show and tell, distributed copies of Ohio Metal Detecting magazine, got to chat about detectors and detecting and after the meeting I did a quick demo on the recovery technique "popping" showing how to dig shallow coins without making a plug. I'll be posting more pictures to the Association website later.

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 330
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 369
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 311
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg