Travellint to Ohio in November - December

James57

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Detectorpro Headhunter PI
I'm travelling to Ohio for 3 weeks to install some machinery and I was thinking of bringing my metal detector with me. Accuweather shows that the weather should be sunny and maybe a bit chilly for the first week of December, but not bad.

Are there any laws or regulations regarding using a metal detector in Ohio? I was thinking of detecting along the lake in the Sandusky area since I'll be staying near Norwalk. Maybe I will find out about some more places while I'm there. Any information will be appreciated!

mikeandwife91

Greenie
Sep 24, 2005
Akron Ohio
Hi James, I'm not up in Northern Ohio, but when we visited the Lake Erie region, we went to the beaches at the State Parks. In Ohio, you can go to any State Park and work the beach area. Here is the rule from the O.D.N.R. website.
Can I use a metal detector?

Use of metal detectors is allowed on the sandy portion of the beach area at any of our state park beaches. Written permission must be obtained from the park manager at the park of your choice to use a metal detector in any other park area.

Hope this helps some. We found over 5 dollars in a few hours at Lakewood Beach this past summer.
Good luck.

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
It is the wrong time of year ( spring after the farmers plow thier fields ) You can find tons of arrowheads. This time of year follow water flow in the picked fields and you can get lucky and find some. I hope this helps and good luck.

OP
OP
J

James57

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Detectorpro Headhunter PI
Re: Travelling to Ohio in November - December

Thanks! The weather does not look very good here tonight but the forecast looks OK for the weekend. It will be a bit cold though. I'll give the beach a shot anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread