spoggy

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2013
Carlisle Township
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very new to the hobby, so new I haven't get my detector yet, Christmas gift from Wife (hopefully) and if not it will be a New Years gift to myself :)

Anyway, looking for people and/or club to join.

Also, any good info on where we can and cannot metal detect at? And how receptive have people been when you ask to metal detect on private land (farms, old houses, etc).

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm Steve. I'm over in Carlisle Township. Really new to this as well. I've only ever hunted beaches in Ft. Myers and my backyard. Looking for like minded folks...

OP
OP
Armor9

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, I'm Steve. I'm over in Carlisle Township. Really new to this as well. I've only ever hunted beaches in Ft. Myers and my backyard. Looking for like minded folks...

Yeah you are pretty much right next door. Looks like there are at least 4-6 of us on here that are pretty close together.

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Fisher F4, whites prizm III, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we are all in the same area. nice to see some more activity going on! im just doing alot of research now..

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a site I have pounded that was one of my honey holes. This place gave up a 2 cent coin, a Morgan dollar, an 1894 Barber quarter, a Barber dime, A few mercs, and few GW silver quarters, a few silver rosies, a gold class ring, a silver ring made from an old silver quarter, multiple silver rings and tons of clad (about $250). I have hit it hard the past three years off an on and a guy I last took there pulled a buffalo nickel. I think it would be a great place for us all to meet at and do a group hunt and get to know each other. Remember a site is never hunted out. This place is few acres of mowed grass and had oodles of activity over the past 120 years. I will help all who needs it for a little while, but I do plan on getting some hunting in to.

OP
OP
Armor9

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a site I have pounded that was one of my honey holes. This place gave up a 2 cent coin, a Morgan dollar, an 1894 Barber quarter, a Barber dime, A few mercs, and few GW silver quarters, a few silver rosies, a gold class ring, a silver ring made from an old silver quarter, multiple silver rings and tons of clad (about $250). I have hit it hard the past three years off an on and a guy I last took there pulled a buffalo nickel. I think it would be a great place for us all to meet at and do a group hunt and get to know each other. Remember a site is never hunted out. This place is few acres of mowed grass and had oodles of activity over the past 120 years. I will help all who needs it for a little while, but I do plan on getting some hunting in to.

Sounds awesome, I'm game. We can test out whether the AT Max really can find stuff other detectors have passed up :) I've always said, I'm happy to even find junk because even junk has a story to tell!

Let me just say thank you in advance for offering to help us noobies out!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds awesome, I'm game. We can test out whether the AT Max really can find stuff other detectors have passed up :) I've always said, I'm happy to even find junk because even junk has a story to tell!

Let me just say thank you in advance for offering to help us noobies out!!

Not a problem, this place use to be so target rich there were times I would not dig a target unless it rang in as quarter or better. Those days are long gone, but I bet we all pull some coins even if they are clad, it will be good training grounds and a good time and it's big enough for a group to hunt and not be up each other arse.

OP
OP
Armor9

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also going to have to pick your brain on how best to go about asking people for permission. I'm not the best at talking to people I have no idea who they are and doublely so when it entails asking them for something with little or no benefit to them.

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ill be ready! jsut let me know when, hell ill even take a day off if need be!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Plan on a Saturday or Sunday, anyone work weekends?

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also, and THANK YOU to loco for offering one of your spots for a get together!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How's everyone's schedule this Sunday 1/21 11:30 - 15:30? Friday will be 36 degrees, melting snow and Saturday in the 40's to melt more. Ground will be wet and detectors go deeper in the wet Ohio soil.

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How's everyone's schedule this Sunday 1/21 11:30 - 15:30? Friday will be 36 degrees, melting snow and Saturday in the 40's to melt more. Ground will be wet and detectors go deeper in the wet Ohio soil.

i think i could make this work. lemme know when and where. i have a birthday party saturday and will work in the am leaving sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY open.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread