Chillicothe area

P

pickaway

Try some schools, Aslo paint creek beach would be a good spot chillitown has alot of old houses start asking around for places to hunt.Ross lake area might produce always dig plugs and keep the lead and trash you find, if state employee comes asking explain to them you dont dig holes rather plugs and you remove all lead sinkers and trash helps the enviroment ya know.
heres a neat site for old maps.
www.historicalmaptech.com
I'm just up 23 N between Ashville & Circleville Happy hunting!

P

pickaway

oh just to say try the fairgrounds where they have the harley rodeo gots to be something laying around them parts.good luck

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
you must be kidding --you got great spots in chillacothe* there were more than one---(the area used to be the home area of the piqua & chillicothe sects of the shawnee indain tribe that raided the kentucky frontier towns)--- a chillacothe (indain town) that was located on the little maimi river near xenia ,ohio was burnt down by men from kentucky in 1780 *--(it was the one where daniel boone was held captive at) -- another chillicothe (indain town) was on the big maimi river where piqua stands today it was burnt to the ground in 1782* by whitemen -- another chillicothe that was destroyed in 1787 -- was located near the present day town of chillicothe that was founded by whitemem in 1796 ---

the piqua sect / towns -- they had three towns also --the first was on the north side of the mad river about 5 miles west of present day springfeild , ohio in clark co. (see above) * might be the same town or was close by and destroyed in the same raid by the kentuckians-- the second one was near the modern town of piqua (see above)* and may be the same town or close by and been destroyed in 1782 also -- the third was about 3 miles north near the town of pickawillany where the old johnson trading post was built in 1746 -- no trace remains of these towns--

treasure tip -- in 1780 a band of shawnee warriors -- being chased by soliders buried a large amount of plunder near one of the bends in the little maimi river near old town --- about 3 miles north of xenia, ohio on state 68 greene co.

just remember who told ya when you hit the biggun -- (ps I used to live in mad river, ohio ) -- Ivan

P

pickaway

ivan, yeah there are indian sites in chilli,but the shawnee village is all houses now, the town predates the hopewell but hopwell left there mark there, friggn everywhere,only 2 shawnee villages that arent built on that i know of are cornstalk town and his daughters greinadier sqawtown in pickaway county on both sides of scippo creek,and the owners will have you arrested in a heartbeat if caught there.Pretty much the same in ross landowners know all to well the plundering of artifacts so its hard to find permission but not impossible,thanks for the info on them raids your right theres got to be a ton of stuff just waiting to be dug.happy hunting.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
just passing the history along on where the spots are at -----now getting the ok to hunt the spots is a differant matter :D ;D :D ;) Ivan

joecoin

Aug 22, 2007
milan ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov, Garrett Antique
ivan salis said:
just passing the history along on where the spots are at -----now getting the ok to hunt the spots is a differant matter :D ;D :D ;) Ivan

Ivan,

Have you got any information on Huron and/or Erie counties in Ohio? Norwalk, Milan, Sandusky, Vermilion.

Thanks,

joe

Apr 28, 2013
Chillicothe ohio
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, minelab etrac, fisher, teknetics,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to add that i found the 1844 large cent in our city park here so the park is an excellent place to hunt, The coin is my profile picture

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread