Central Oregon Coast Beach Combers

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Well, when it comes to beaches the locals are the ones to ask. Stop by the coffee shop, mini-mart, gas station, etc. and ask them which beaches are seldom frequented. "Just south of sea lion caves and just over rise of house" is one, and another 1/2 mile south of there. the part in quotes is from a source I have and is the description they describe, not my own words.

didijim

Dec 13, 2006
Lincoln City Oregon
Detector(s) used
garrett 500xta
I live in Lincoln City, not too many here not visited but usually in the summer. looking for a female partner to look once in awhile. coast doesn't have much until summer unless you are looking for great rocks, agates, fossils etc.

blessings

Minelab51

Tenderfoot
May 13, 2011
Seaside Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I have had some good finds up in Seaside down to Manzanita. Anyone in the area wants to detect let me know. I am always looking for people to detect with... Mark

Tilly2

Dec 3, 2009
Oregon
PORTERHUNTER said:
Hi I am a newbie.

I know a couple of beaches suggested by other locals but looking for new non tourist sites.

BTW I am not a newbie to the Coast but a newbie to this forum.

Be careful with the laws, my husband's uncle got himself a $75 ticket for metal detecting on the beach. Ridiculous....there's only a handful of beaches you can detect without a permit. I hear the permits are a pain to obtain.

wheelerite

Feb 2, 2008
canby,oregon
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
beaches in oregon are public domain except in the state parks. He must have been hunting in the state park to get a ticket, at least that is what I was told.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Beaches ARE in the public domain. But certain shipwrecks, such as the Peter Iredale, are not! You could get yourself cited quickly just by standing near it with a metal detector. Don't even have to have it on. Not that you're going to find anything other than iron there.

jtomlinson

Jan 3, 2013
Newport
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75, Garret pro pointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live next to Lincoln Beach its dead this time of year and even in the summer we dont get a lot of people. If any one needs a partner to go with them just let me know !!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread