Any Salem Oregon hunters on this forum?

i digit

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2006
;D HI IM LOOKING FOR A PARTNER ALSO. ILIVE IN MYRTLE CREEK JUST SOUTH OF YOU. LOTS OF GOOD PLACES TO LOOK DOWN HERE. GET BACK TO ME. CHUCK.

Mike T

Oct 4, 2006
I live in Salem, a rather mild town I must say. Have you got a detector yet? let me know when you do and maybe we can detect somewheres. Mike T

didijim

Dec 13, 2006
Lincoln City Oregon
Detector(s) used
garrett 500xta
Hey, I live in Lincoln City at the beautiful coast. Can only hunt few hours a week, work 6/24's looking for a female friend to hunt with. Been married 40 years what to keep it that way, h ha, husband would like it this way too. lol.

blessings

tvic25

Greenie
Sep 19, 2007
Hi All!
I live in Tualatin, (30 miles north of Salem)...I just got into the hobby about 6 weeks ago and am totally addicted! I just upgraded from an ACE250 to a Tesoro Cortes ( Will be in my hands tomorrow!)
Anyway, would love to hunt anywhere within the area! I usually hunt alone, (I'm a girl!), but had a scare two days ago. Was approached by a guy with a knife on his side...Luckily, I swung my detector up on my shoulder, holding it like a bat, and my Lesche digger ready in my left hand. He stopped when I told him to, but didn't like the look in his eye, and was thankful I was not in a secluded area.

I am very careful and aware of my surroundings, so I never wear headphones. But, I would really love to meet some people who love this hobby to hunt with...

Let me know!!!

PS Would love to hunt at the beach!!!

Tvic25
Tesoro Cortes
Garrett Ace 250
Lesche Digger

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Hi

Larry here. I'm usually in a good mood, an excellent friend, and I've been detecting since the early 70's. I'm also very protective. I live one hour from Salem and have detected in the Salem area for many years. I know most of the good spots and the bad ones too. E-mail me if anybody wants to do a bit of TH'ing sometime. I'll buy the coffee, unless you are a group, then you can all get your own. Ha ha.

Larry

tvic25

Greenie
Sep 19, 2007
Hi Stoneseeker...
So far I have met and hunted with Larry and Rick..Great guys to hunt with and both hunt in good areas. Larry and I are trying to hook up next week to hunt some spots in Salem...And I will be heading over to Lincoln City if the weather holds as well. If you're interested in joining us, drop me line and we'll see what we can manage. OK??

Tvic25

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
It is great to see a bunch of Oregonians getting together to do some hunting together! I can't imagine the weather was real cooperative in Salem lately though! lol I was there last weekend for a funeral and was beginning to think an ark was in order and trying to load furniture and such in the pickup and tarp it with that wind and rain....I will just say it was mighty challenging! ;D It is snowing in my area and a tad cold to do a lot of detecting but sure would be nice to have a bunch of ya over when the weather is nicer! Happy hunting to you all!!

stoneseeker2003

Dec 7, 2007
Oregon, Willamette Valley(left side).
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL1
Thanks to everyone for the welcome!

I'd love to get together sometime and learn! My PRl spent 4 yrs, maybe more, in the gun safe. Used to take it Gold Panning, fun.
I've had the Flu ,so when not at work, I've been reading the forums. ;D. Now I want to go play!!!

I keep reading about cashe's, reminds me of being little (late 60's). Guess my step grandfather buried jars all around his property.This property went to his kids. He was living with Gramma when he passed. Would love to know if this was true!

Happy Hunting.....................

davemihm

Feb 1, 2015
Mcminnville or
Detector(s) used
Whites xl Pro 6000 , MX Sport. Coin Master pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All!
I live in Tualatin, (30 miles north of Salem)...I just got into the hobby about 6 weeks ago and am totally addicted! I just upgraded from an ACE250 to a Tesoro Cortes ( Will be in my hands tomorrow!)
Anyway, would love to hunt anywhere within the area! I usually hunt alone, (I'm a girl!), but had a scare two days ago. Was approached by a guy with a knife on his side...Luckily, I swung my detector up on my shoulder, holding it like a bat, and my Lesche digger ready in my left hand. He stopped when I told him to, but didn't like the look in his eye, and was thankful I was not in a secluded area.

I am very careful and aware of my surroundings, so I never wear headphones. But, I would really love to meet some people who love this hobby to hunt with...

Let me know!!!

PS Would love to hunt at the beach!!!

Tvic25
Tesoro Cortes
Garrett Ace 250
Lesche Digger
Would love to exchange pics of your best finds , I have only been detecting for about 3 yrs , but have had some great finds . Give me a call , Dave Mihm. 971 219 4128 or email , [email protected] . I know the area pretty well , ( retired Firefighter)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread