NE Oregon Detecting & Treasure Hunting

O

oregondirt

Re: NE Oregon Detecting & Treasure Hunting

Hey Spotz I think there is more Eastern Oregonians here then you think. I'm in Beaverton but I travel through out the state and always have my Minelab with me.
Tesoros's got dealers over there so they must be selling to someone.
I have seen posts from a feller in Burns and I know Big Mo is in Pendleton. The Bend area is crawing with dealers Bella, Treasure West/ Blue Bucket.
Have a good day, maybe see ya swinging some day!
kaustin

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon

Thanks Oregondirt! I have had contact with most of those names you mentioned. This thread will be a year old in January. Several of us in EO have made contact but none of us has made the time for a hunt together yet. MXTman &I will hook up soon & I know BigMo is waiting for the right time also. Good hunting to you. ( check out the pin map)
Spotz

double D

Nov 8, 2005

Just found this site - just started detecting too. We got a White DFX from Kellyco yesterday and plan on taking it to TX on vacation to find some burried "gold" supposedly by one of the relatives . Didn't trust banks. We are in Portland.

mil-hunter

Nov 17, 2005
Beaverton, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Getting a Garrett ACE 250 Real Soon

I am totally new to this whole thing. I was just surfing the web on post and came accross this site. was wondering if any of you Oregonians have hunted near the Peter Iredale (Sp.) wreck up near Fort Stevens? I only ask because I am about to go to Camp Rilea for a few days to brush up on weapons qual. and I will be pulling beach guard for the majority of the days. Also is there anywhere in Seaside that rents detectors, I tried to get a mine sweeper from my unit, but they won't give me one :).

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon

Hey Mil Hunter!
I have swung my DFX from the Peter Iradale all the way to the Jetty & back & also about five miles toward Seaside. We have had a family reunion there ( Ft Stevens ) first weekend of August for the last 28 years. It's a big beach & that area is known as " The Grave Yard Of The Pacific " Over 1400 ships down out there off the Columbia River bar. I have never found anything great, but some jewlery & modern clad change. You never know what that next signal will be.
Good Luck, Spotz

frieguy

Oct 20, 2005

I am from medford oregon, but currently living in guam atm. I have a few areas that I want to try once I get back "home" but can't reveal them becuase they might be beat up once I get there ;). anyways glad to hear there are some of us on this forum and hope to hear of your finds GL & HH

mil-hunter

Nov 17, 2005
Beaverton, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Getting a Garrett ACE 250 Real Soon

Well I borrowed a cheap detector from my buddies brother, but didn't find anything worth mentioning, I couldn't go to far from my Humvee (had to close the beach for Range qual. at Camp Rilea), oh well.

Earl

Sep 16, 2004

Howdy spotz, buffalo Earl here. I live in Christmas valley about 115 miles south east of Bend. Lots of old homesteads here. I have a tesoro gold demon and an old whites 5500/D series 3 vlf discriminator. I have found a few coins here but it is hard ground with alkali and magnetic black sand. Vlf machines just don't work very well here at all. If you have no way to ground balance your machine you are sunk. I plan on buying a garrett infinium next month and learning to use it real well. My neighbor lady down the road a piece found an old roman coin down about 14 inches with a shovel while she was trying to plant a bush. So now I am excited. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but have been busy. I plan on going over to Baker City next summer to do some nugget hunting with the infinium. Maybe we can get together some time. I read the post from the guy that lives in Redmond and he is right, the area is growing and being californiaized so if they start moving out to my neck of the woods then I guess i will be moving to a less populated area. Either Jordan Valley Or Rome Oregon. They found gold in Jordan valley in 1863 in Jordan creek I think. Sure would love to work that infinium over there some time. Lots of history in the owyhee area in south eastern Oregon. Talk at you later. Try the nuggetshooter forum

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

Howdy all, I am from Oregon as well, new to the site also. I live down in Eugene, but travel all over. (mostly in the spring and summer) If you ever wanna try something down this way, give me a buzz, I'd be happy to join you.

mags911

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2006
Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Eastern Oregon Detecting

Of interest there is an organization EOMP--Eastern Oregon Miners and Prospectors. Tried to find something online for them but you basically end up with the Baker Chamber of Commerce. They don't even have a phone number for the organization, but will mail out an application to fill out if you wish to join. Apparently it costs $50 to join, and they are reported to have seven or eight claims members can use.
However, it would sure be nice to speak to a real person about the organization. Anyone out there belong, or have a name/phone number for the President of EOMP?????
BikerDude.

Korban

Nov 2, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Xterra 30, Sov GT

Hi
Wow people do metal detect in oregon! Im here in La Grande not to far from some of you guys or gals. As far as the post for the claims in baker im not sure about that company but i have heard that you really gotta be careful about what business you hook up with. Anyways hope to hear from some of you.

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ

I'm a bit North of Eugene and a total novice with my detector. I've tried contacting the Albany group a couple times w/out any luck. Anyway, wouldn't mind meeting others in the area.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

You think YOU are lonely! Try living in CENTRAL Oregon! lol Maybe we will be over that direction and see you in one of those cemetaries! ;)

Minelab51

Tenderfoot
May 13, 2011
Seaside Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab

I am headed your way around the 10th .. EOU graduation. Any place cool around there to check out ???
Mark

Anasazi

May 5, 2012
Ocean Park WA
Detector(s) used
Main detectors XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Anfibio multi, Tesoro Sand Shark

used in the past but not forgotten
Sov Elite
SE Pro
Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Teknetics Mark 1 LTD coin computer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from Astoria!

steve25

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2012
I live here in the bend/Redmond area, and my buddy and I have been researching the ways to re-open a mine or set a claim, either in the baker area or the south eastern part of Oregon. We also have looked into the ochoco are as well, and realize all the environmental things around there that would be a challenge. With real in depth research and patience, I don't think it would be impossible? Anyone have info that they would like to throw out there?

RHG

Greenie
Jan 30, 2014
Round Up City Oregon
Detector(s) used
F19 F44 Treasure Pro GMT Tesoro Cibola Whites Coinmaster GT White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Pendleton.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread