OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Re: NE Oregon Detecting & Treasure Hunting

I knew it! I really am all alone in Oregon. Maybe if I hunt some cemetaries I will at least have ghostly company out there.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can be an HONORARY PA resident, there is a few of us here? ;D? I don't know Spotz, must be more then one from Oregon here. probably just didn't log in lately.

majik

Oct 4, 2004

Hey Spotz,
I feel for you, and know how you feel!! I have yet to see a post from montana, I live in n.w. montana maybe we will have to meet like in idaho somewhere huh..lots of ghost towns. hh majik

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon

Majik.
My brother-in-law has a place half way between Round Up & Billings. I get out there once in a while. Maybe we could hook up sometime.

Jeff of Pa, Thanks for the PA invite. My future son-in-law in in Nashville. I may make it to PA sometime. Spotz

majik

Oct 4, 2004

Spotz,
roundup is about 6 hours east of me. I'm just outside Missoula. One good thing about the lack of detectorists, is all the unhunted areas out there. Lots of potential..
HH Majik

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon

Majik
I live in Stanfield, OR. just across the Columbia from Tri-Cities WA. Just 6 hours to Missoula from here. I haven't checked on dates for Missoula Gun Show this year, but I am thinking of attending the show. Might be a chance to get together. Is that big lot beside the Cracker Barrel still under construction? It might produce something? Spotz

P

parttime_miner

Hey Spotz,

Cant make it up to that area anytime soon, but... here are some ideas...

I've heard / read there are old miners caches out there somewhere south of baker...
Area has gold, and remnants of old miners cabins.

Also, isint the infamous blue bucket mine suppost to be just a bit west of you?
Many have suggested that it is close...

Ya ever been to the Owahii river, down by Rome, Or?

Happy TH'ing

Big Mo

Greenie
Mar 19, 2003
Eastern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Advantage, Minelab X70

Spotz,
You are not alone out here in Eastern Oregon, I live in Pendleton, just a few miles East of you. Holler sometime, maybe we can get together and hit a few spots.

Mike (Big Mo) ;D

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon

Welcome Big Mo!
I look forward to it. I just got back home. Hit an old park in Hermiston this morning. I saw yesterday that they had remove the sod in the play area & were installing new equipment. First coin out of the ground was a 1935 quarter & second was a 1939-S Lincoln. I was excited, but three hours later, all I had found was modern coins(30 or so) & usual junk. Had a good time so I grabbed lunch & headed to McNary Beach. Too many people around & they had just hauled in fresh sand for the beach so I called it a day.

E-mail me at [email protected]. We'll get together soon. Spotz

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac

I live in Eugene Oregon, nice to hear from other oregonians. Do any of you guys live near Burns? I'll be going out there this summer to detect with a newbie.

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon

Welcome to the Forum!! You do realize that Burns is 100 miles from anywhere don't you. Good luck! Take your own shade, snake bite & first aid kit & a partner. There are numerous prarrie dogs to keep you company also.

My sister lives in Springfield. I haven't really thought about areas around Eugene but I am sure that you can find some good ones to detect. People loose stuff everywhere & there are numerous old churches in the area. Spotz

M

mxtman

Hello Spotz! Hey I just found this site. I live in Hermiston and didn't think there was anyone in the entire east side of the state that enjoyed detecting. Do you live close to Hermiston? If so maybe we can go do some detecting sometime. I would like to meet someone that has the bug too. My wife goes with be but loses interest way too early in the hunt! Anyway, let me know if you are interested in a hunting partner. mxtman!!

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon

Check your email. With an MXT & a DFX, we should have some kind of success. Did you get your machine from Wanda?.
Spotz

M

mxtman

I didn't get my detector from Wanda. I did look at them there but I went through Kellyco for mine. The price was good and the extras sealed it for me. I have been wanting to go ask her about some smaller coils though. She has been alot of help and I have purchased some extras from her. Digging tools and aprons and a video. I want to find out about the advantages and disadvantages of different size coils. Do you have any insight?

D

Deadshot

There are a few of us from Oregon on here. I am sad to say that I am all the way on the otherside from most of ya! I am right out on the coast, Lincoln City to be exact. If you ever head towards the beach let me know!

Deadshot

M

mxtman

Hey Deadshot, My wife and I get over to the coast several times a year. I will let you know when we head that way next time and maybe we can do some hunt'in. Do you know some good areas? We just go where we think looks good. But we love the coast and get over as much as we can.

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5

Hi,
I just joined this forum and have been browsing around and stumbled on this thread. Yep, I am in oregon. Redmond to be exact. There is a lot of neat history here, especially in Prineville. I just got a Garrett Ace 250 to start back up with TH'ing last week and I am excited to get out and find something.

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon

Welcome to the forum. You live in a great area for old homesteads & such. Good luck & keep us posted.
Spotz

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5

Great area for old homesteads? Man its impossible to find any good homesteads around here. Bend and Redmond are both growing so fast and everything is getting paved over. Do you know of any good places around the Redmond area?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread