Another Oregon Hunter here!

tvic25

Greenie
Sep 19, 2007
Hi All!!

Got my forst detector 6 weeks ago...Garrett Ace250...Decided to step up a notch, so just bought a Tesoro Cortes...

I live in Tualatin..( right between most of you ) LOL!!

Have lots of time and would love to explore new areas with a fellow hunter.
I just had a bad scare two days ago...Got approached by a guy with a knife on his belt..
He wasn't right, so I swung my detector up like a baseball bat, and had my Lesche digger in my left hand. He stopped when I told him to, and after a staredown, he decided to walk away.

Whew!!!

If you haven't guessed, I'm a girl!! LOL!!!!

So, anybody who wants a hunting partner, let me know!!!

Tvic25
Tesoro Cortes
Garrett Ace 250
Lesche Digger

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Jeez Louise! Some people are just plain nuts. :(

Glad you got out of that one-

I don't get up that way much, but if I do I'll give ya a buzz on here, K?

There's a few folks on here from up around your area, though.

If you ever make it down Eugene way, drop a line. :)

OP
OP
T

tvic25

Greenie
Sep 19, 2007
:)
Thanks for the reply...I just may take a road trip...Eugene has some good spots (historically) to hunt!

tvic25

G

goldprospector7

I just wanted to drop in and say hi. My name is Johnny and I'm from Ontario, Oregon. I could use a partner if your not to far away. I'm in Eastern Oregon.

goldndime

Apr 14, 2008
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Detector(s) used
A. H. Pro backpacker, 17000 Minelab
Tvic25
Thats a scary thing to encounter even as a guy. I have run into some strange situations in the years Ive been hunting. You have to be aware of your surroundings at all times. Hard to do when your a real hunter. LOL

I live in Cottage Grove area and am just learning the area. If I get any good spots I will pass them on. One I have hunted and had real good results but very deep hunting is the old grange hall east of town. If you get down this way let me know and we will see what we can find.
Good luck hunting!!!!!!!!!!!

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi tvic25,
My son lives in Tualatin and I know the area from the past.
Get lost there sometimes with all the new roads.
The old park is still there as we hunted it a few times this summer, but is all built up.
Let me know if you want to hunt around there and my son and I can go with.

indy1725

Sep 30, 2008
Hey, all!

I bought a secondhand Garrett Master Hunter CX a few months back, and have yet to really get out with it. I want to look around in the metro area, but don't really know the kinds of places to look yet. I've got my eye on a couple parks and playgrounds in the neighborhood, though.

I'd love to try some ghost towns, and am also interested in finding some historical sites down in Oregon City worth looking at. Still researching that bit.

So far I've found a metal buckle, a rusty old nail, and a button out at the beach. I think I might hit one of the parks tomorrow and see what I can find.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Indy and welcome to TN,
The folks on here have been very inspiring to me and I have learned a lot from them.
My son and I just started hunting treasures this year with inexpensive machines and have had a great time so far.
You say "The Metro Area" am I to assume that means Portland?
We are on the west side, I am in Aloha and son is in Tualatin.
We have hunted several parks on east side and north Portland also.
Tualatin has some nice spots and history. So does Oregon City area but we have not hunted there.
West Linn park produced just a few coins.
Clackamette Park got me my first gold bracelet with a cheap detector.
There a lot of places to hunt. And re-hunt.
Tot-Lots with the swings and big bark chips are the easiest.
PM me and maybe we can meet at a park.
Grey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread