Hello all the way from New Zealand :)

G

Golden Kiwi

Hi there Treasure Netters,

I know this is probably not the right place to post but I didnt know where else to put it so hopefully nobody gets >:( at me!

Let me introduce myself, I am Golden Kiwi all the way from Aotearoa or New Zealand as it is also known :)

I started doing a wee bit of gold panning a few Months ago with a pan and have since progressed to a sluice box and a crevicing pump that I made so you could say that yes the gold bug has most definately been caught! ;)

I have been browsing the boards for a few weeks now and in that time decided to buy a cheap second hand metal detector which is a Fisher 1212x for $190NZD which turns out to be $120USD, seems like a bargain to me as they are $495NZD to buy brand new since New Zealand is a long way to import a metal detector too!

So I have already learnt a lot from this websites knowledgeable members and hope to learn lots more!

You guys and girls are so lucky to have all of the detecting and prospecting clubs in USA, unfortunately NZ is not big enough to sustain such clubs with a National population of 4 Million, hey we have something like 60 Million sheep though! Hey if there are any New Zealanders here with the same passions as myself, drop a line, would love to hear from you!

I look forward to getting to know the very friendly like minded individuals from this site.

Cheers,

Golden Kiwi

R

rvbvetter

Sounds like there's no need to tell you how addicting this all can be. Welcome to the forum. Hope you'll keep us up on what all your finding. HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCOME to TreasureNet Golden Kiwi.

I'm Looking Forward to Reading Your Prospecting Tales, an Seeing Your Finds.

JEFF

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey GK!

Looking forward to seeing your finds! Welcome! :D

Nana ;)

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
Hello N Z !!!!! Be careful what plane you fly . The guy that overhauled the engine that failed , and caused me to end up in a bean field in Arkansas with a broken back is reported to be there . Would you believe as an aircraft inspector on less !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

OP
OP
G

Golden Kiwi

Hello all,

Thank you for the lovely welcome :)

I look forward to sharing my finds with you! Will be interesting to see what I find down in the Southern Hemisphere :)

Once again, thank you for the warm welcome.

GK

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New Zeland is one of the places I would like to visit if I could go anywhere in the world on a fantasy trip. I once saw a TV special that was about New Zeland, the only place on earth you could go from the stone age to modern times in ten minutes! Magnificent secnery and intrigueing places indeed. Welcome to the forum and please feel free to post. Will be anxious to hear about your prospecting adventures. Monty

OP
OP
G

Golden Kiwi

Thanks Month and Jake :) Yeah NZ is definately a really unique place, the Southern most country in the World apart from Antarctica! Really beautiful untouched scenery. Hmmmmmmmm, a pic, lets see.... Here is one of Milford Sound in the South Island which is home to many beautiful ancient glaciers.

Attachments

• GD-milford-rd-2.jpg
    GD-milford-rd-2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 454

drgary

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2010
pennsylvania
My name is Gary and I’m from the United States. I was wondering if there is anyone in New Zealand, particularly around the Lake Taupo area, who would be an amateur treasure hunter or metal detector user. I would also be interested in any organizations or amateur clubs of metal detector users either from this area or that held searches in this area.

I am looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack. I lost a small gold band of great sentimental value there in late 12/1994 early 1/1995 and I’m trying to locate anyone who might have found it while searching for items with their metal detector. Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread