XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishguy and XLTer

I am in Penn Hills and would love to meet up and hunt with you guys. I am looking for other locals as well but haven't had anyone that is willing to meet up. I think they are scared to give up "their" spots. Drop me a message and we can figure something out. I have an XLT as well..

Please understand the type of location I'm suggesting . Here in Butler we have many large parks all with specific detecting conduct rules . Most detectorists know you can detect at them , so they are'nt a secret spot . You just need to know the detecting rules . This is the type of meeting place I'm refering to . The park may not be very productive as far as great finds , but the meeting is just supposed to be a get-together for everyone to meet and be able to put faces to screen names . Take a break and hit a local resturant and maybe talk about a future hunt with someone . Detectorists with similar machines can compare adjustment to thier machines while hunting certan types of ground ....... ect.

If you guys can agree on a certain area , I'll even research a local park we can meet at . That way we're all new to it . ?????????:dontknow:

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey count me in,I am interested will take part if any research,gas,talking,don't matter to me,just love to detect,max

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey count me in,I am interested will take part if any research,gas,talking,don't matter to me,just love to detect,max

:thumbsup: Now THAT'S what I'm talking about right there .....:laughing7:...:thumbsup:....:occasion14:

Here is just a suggestion . We could meet at Presque Isle in Erie ( certain shelter ??? ) . I know for a fact you can detect the beaches . Thousands of people go there every weekend . There is bound to be lots of change and toys all over the place . Only problem with that area is it's a LONG haul for members coming up from below Pttsburgh and farther south .....:dontknow:

Last edited:

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Now THAT'S what I'm talking about right there .....:laughing7:...:thumbsup:....:occasion14:

Here is just a suggestion . We could meet at Presque Isle in Erie ( certain shelter ??? ) . I know for a fact you can detect the beaches . Thousands of people go there every weekend . There is bound to be lots of change and toys all over the place . Only problem with that area is it's a LONG haul for members coming up from below Pttsburgh and farther south .....:dontknow:

Anyone that wants to go,I would be will in to meet near Pittsburg and drive to Erie frome there

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone that wants to go,I would be will in to meet near Pittsburg and drive to Erie frome there

Also,who's hunting with what ? Anyone mess with the new technology , or use the good old whites and Garrett's

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be interested in seeing some new technology myself . I'll be starting a vacation week July 26th . The weather looks to be cooling down for that week if the weather man is right . If anyone wants to get together for a day of detecting somewhere send me a PM here and we'll work out the details . My 7yr old daughter likes to swim & play in the water , so I was considering on a trip to Erie and hit Presque Isle for a day . If anyone from Pittsburg or farther south would like to go , you can drop your vehicle here in Butler and jump in with us to save yourself some driving miles & gas . I have a extended cab GMC pickup . Enough room for 2 more adults and a child . Figured we'd catch breakfast or lunch on the way there and catch dinner there or on the way back home , but I'm flexable since I'll be in vacation mode .....:laughing7:.....:thumbsup:

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey jost dont no if your still posting but im trying to find people as well im from mercer county, pa. we dont seem to have many interested detectorist in our area or i just cant find, i no there are some people out there we need to connect in some manner, have a great day.

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm game this sunday or monday if the weather is good . I've never detected in the Mercer area . Is Conneaut Lake Park detectable ? I'll do a little research on the area if your interested .

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm game this sunday or monday if the weather is good . I've never detected in the Mercer area . Is Conneaut Lake Park detectable ? I'll do a little research on the area if your interested .

How far is mercer from allaganey

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a rough guess , but I'd say an hour up Interstate 79 give or take . Takes me 35 - 40 minutes from Butler .

Mjw38

Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from Greensburg just getting into detecting.

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice cool weather will be here before we know it . If anyone wants to get together , pick an area and I'll call to find a park or someplace that allows detecting . We can agree on a meeting date later .....:thumbsup:

Mjw38

Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Jeannette. google the "Oakford Park Flood" this location is down in the hollow from me. I would like to get permission to swing my Bounty Hunter Gold Digger.

I'm right up the road from u.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread