BUTLER COUNTY TREASURE HUNTERS (BUTLER, Sigel )

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried locating the old club , but I believe they may no longer exist .

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XLTer said:
I've tried locating the old club , but I believe they may no longer exist .

They are still around No web but the meetings are in Lyndora at bowl a way starting again in March 2013 3rd Thursday of every month 7:00 pm

DORN

Mar 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What areas are you in?? I live one mile from bc3

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are still around No web but the meetings are in Lyndora at bowl a way starting again in March 2013 3rd Thursday of every month 7:00 pm

Thanks Jim . I'll have to drop in some time .....:thumbsup:

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might try to hit the club meeting this thursday if anyone is interested in joining me . Hopefully I'll recognize some old friends and get to meet new ones . Does anyone know if Jack and his son are still members ?

This hot & humid weather has been keeping me inside with the AC cranking . Maybe the meeting will give me the deyecting fix I need ? .....:laughing7:

Hope to see some of you local guys there .......:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might try to hit the club meeting this thursday if anyone is interested in joining me . Hopefully I'll recognize some old friends and get to meet new ones . Does anyone know if Jack and his son are still members ?

This hot & humid weather has been keeping me inside with the AC cranking . Maybe the meeting will give me the deyecting fix I need ? .....:laughing7:

Hope to see some of you local guys there .......:thumbsup:

I.ll be there

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They had some great finds at last nights meeting :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re
BUTLER COUNTY TREASURE HUNTERS

If you's want, Start a New Thread & title it BUTLER COUNTY TREASURE HUNTERS
then add contact info.
I will sticky it to the top & you's can use it as a News Letter page
to keep everyone updated on goings on with the Club :thumbsup:

I'd sticky this one, But it really should be a thread started by a member
so You's can update as needed

Last edited:

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUTLER COUNTY TREASURE HUNTERS

ANYONE INTERESTED IN LEARNING ABOUT THE HOBBY OF METAL DETECTING, OR WISHING TO JOIN THE CLUB ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND.

GUESTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!

Gosh, 20 years ago I lived in Butler County on Beacon Rd. in Forward Township.

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live on Prospect road Evans City

Jim, it really is a small world. We were only a short drive to Evans City via Brownsdale Rd. I think it was 5 miles max. Maybe closer to 4. I fished a lot at Lake Arthur.

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, it really is a small world. We were only a short drive to Evans City via Brownsdale Rd. I think it was 5 miles max. Maybe closer to 4. I fished a lot at Lake Arthur.

I still fish up there Do some detecting around there as well

Truk58

Nov 9, 2013
Butler, PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, I am from Butler and new to Metal Detecting, just got my first machine (Fisher F2). I have been out once for pretty much the whole day and spent an hour or two in the yard, haven't found anything very old yet, but have found a lot of trash and a couple of bucks worth of change. I am interested in joining the Butler County Treasure Hunters to meet others that metal detect. I see the meetings are the 3rd Thursday of every month, I guess the next one would be November 22nd, 2013? or is it only during the summer months? Does anyone know?

Thanks.

DiggItUp

Mar 9, 2013
Yeah I have no idea what's going on with the club. I first got my detector a few years ago before I got my drivers license (I'm 17 now). I remember seeing a website for the club, and wanted to go. Unfortunately my dad never got the chance to take me. I recently tried finding the site again but the page is down/missing. No idea if they still have meetings or anything. Kind if mysterious. :| I noticed the original post was in 2005. That's 8 or 9 years ago! Please update me in anyone knows or finds out!

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They should be starting in March same as last year The club meets from March To Oct. March 2014 3rd Thursday of every month 7:00 pm

Truk58

Nov 9, 2013
Butler, PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They should be starting in March same as last year The club meets from March To Oct. March 2014 3rd Thursday of every month 7:00 pm

Thanks Jim. I plan to be there March 20th, the 3rd Thursday of the month. The meeting is held at the Family Bowlaway, 540 Fairground Hill Road, Butler, PA... this is correct? I only live a few miles away from there, and I am a new very enthusiastic metal detectorist...

Truk58

Nov 9, 2013
Butler, PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just talked with the family bowlaway, they do have the treasure hunters meeting scheduled for 7 pm 3/20/14, so the meeting is on. Cya there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread