Anyone In York County PA?

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
I am in York County. Other than public parks and the like, good luck finding places to md. Nobody will give permission to detect on their property.

meck3pa

Mar 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we need to organize a york co. club and approach people from a club perspective then maybe we can detect in different places. thank you

OP
OP
jcflipper5617

jcflipper5617

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we need to organize a york co. club and approach people from a club perspective then maybe we can detect in different places. thank you

I totally agree to this idea!!!:icon_cheers: We should get this organized immediatly and recruit other MDer's!!
Thanks for commenting!

JC

High Oct4ne

Greenie
Jun 26, 2012
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm from Cambria county, (about 3 hours from york) and am interested in panning/prospecting there. I'm new to the hobby... First I collected some nuggets (bought on ebay), then moved on to buying paydirt (for practice), now I'm hooked and ready for the real thing. Let me know if anyone's interested... Thanks!

LittleJohn

Apr 7, 2010
South Central, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Etrac,Fisher F75,Tesoro Golden UMax, Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im in york county and know a couple other guys that I used to detect with ...i think there are enough guys in the area for a club.

lovetodig

Greenie
Mar 7, 2013
York, PA.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in East York and think a club is a great idea. I am just coming back to detecting and have found that it's tough to get permission for hunts, I have made biz cards on my computer and gave them out to some historic property owners, they seem impressed with the card and I believe it gives me a leg up on someone just stopping by to ask permission and they have my number handy if they change their mind.

I have had one person tell me that I can detect but I have to turn all finds over to them. I am willing to pay per hunt but want to keep my finds.

Glad to be here
Joe Sr.

tugun

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
York County resident, Loganville area. Skip and a jump to MD. Just getting back into the hobby, it's been awhile. Just an M6 machine, very potent bugger. Finally tried it out on Tuesday and thought I was going to dig to China. Finally got a little bitty braclet clasp at 10 inch's sheesh. Club sounds interesting, wouldn't hurt.

lovetodig

Greenie
Mar 7, 2013
York, PA.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have started to get some ideas on a club going. I obtained the domain name YMDC.us (York Metal Detecting Club) and want some input on design and interest in membership (free vs. small fee, etc).

I am also very interested in joining a hunt for Gettysburg relics, willing to pay for hunt rights. Any ideas or plans, please inform me. Thanks

Navyguy05

Sep 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in York County. Other than public parks and the like, good luck finding places to md. Nobody will give permission to detect on their property.

I live in east York in craley area I do not detect myself by I hike/explore a lot in area and I have a potienelly good spot to detect I have found some small pottery items slready. If your interested let me know.

Sirmig

Feb 20, 2015
Stewartstown PA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in if we get a club started. It is really hard to get permission. People think you are stealing from them or something. They also have this vision of a guy with a ton of shovels, picks and crap. You try to explain as simple as possible, but they are pretty much set in their ways. I don't know . Maybe its me. I use deodorant, and comb my hair. LOL

Sirmig

Feb 20, 2015
Stewartstown PA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys still around? Why don't we put our heads together and start something.

Sirmig

Feb 20, 2015
Stewartstown PA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never been out that way. I'm sure there are plenty of places to go to.

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
my gold club is located just south of Red Lion, we have many guys that metal detect (abt 1/2 the club). we have a property that we lease and meet there monthly. we have detecting outings a couple times a year, sometimes do local stuff like cetronia, and couple parks, etc, sometimes do places like indian inlet Delaware or other beach hunts. we also have a detector hunt in the fall time for prizes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread