Anyone near Johnstown (Cambria County)?

wolfmanjoe3

Dec 28, 2006
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I'm getting back into MD after a long break in the action. I am not originally from PA so I don't know a lot of people or organizations in the area. Based on my searching/reading I see a club in Latrobe and clubs in Central and Eastern PA. Anything in the Cambria County area? If not, any other TH'ers in the area interested in starting a club?

Joe

p.s. I live in Richland Twp outside of Johnstown.

howdy

Greenie
Oct 19, 2003
Looks like I will be moving to Homer City area in the spring. I already spend several weeks per month their now, I would like to talk with you and get together to do some hunting. give me a shout
[email protected]
Jerry

OP
OP
wolfmanjoe3

wolfmanjoe3

Dec 28, 2006
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Jerry and I are going to try to get together sometime over the next month or so - probably in Indiana, PA. Anyone in the area want to join us?

Reply or send PM.

Joe

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
next time you are on 219 coming south from ebensburg look left as soon as you see the big sign that says south fork exit 2 miles there are 2 foundations from an old mining camp they allow deer hunting why not other hunting on the land still owned by the mining co. It has been bugging me for a year but I never have the time to stop. check it out sometime. I am researching a new area of forbes road I got a permit to hunt, cant wait for spring! it is a mile from the highway though I need to get in shape for this one. I am super busy but maybe I can find some time this summer I know a lot of spots I could share.

OP
OP
wolfmanjoe3

wolfmanjoe3

Dec 28, 2006
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I know where that is - it is close by. Any idea who owns it? I'll scope it out for a possible hunt in the spring.

Thanks
Joe

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can't recall the name of the mineing co but I was told by my boss that it is open to hunting

Mr. Mojo

Jan 9, 2007
Hummelstown, PA
Detector(s) used
Exp II
Below Somerset I saw a spot.....

This weekend with the Boyscouts going to Ohiopyle, approximately 20 mile south ot Somerset, there was an old campground/meeting area for the IOOF, International Order of Odd Fellows. Looked like a good spot. I'm just too far away. This was on 281 I believe. Let meknow if anything is found. Good Luck

Chuck

urbss

Sep 15, 2005
Cresson, PA
Hello,

My name is Tom and I'm from Cresson. A good friend of mine (who is a member here and whom I work with) is from Ebensburg and my brother-in-law is also from Ebensburg.

We all have Ace 250's and like to get out when we can during the summer.

I don't know about wanting to start a club in the area, but I'm always open to making new friends and sharing ideas.

Tom

Bowler Man

Jun 1, 2007
Ebensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm Brian, Tom's friend from Ebensburg. We're familiar with the area you're speaking of (the location, not the information pertaining to it). Like Tom, I welcome making new friends to hunt with. Tom got me interested in this hobby and now during the winter months (anyone familiar with PA knows what I'm talking about) it's hard to get out. I'm counting down the days till spring so I can get out and go ground fishing again!

Brian

OP
OP
wolfmanjoe3

wolfmanjoe3

Dec 28, 2006
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hi Tom and Brian - understand what you mean about the weather around here. Would be interested in getting together for a hunt once the ground thaws...

The idea of starting a club was a nice idea when I had a little more time on my hands, but I've been too busy to even think about it. I'd just be happy to get out with my DFX more often.

Joe

urbss

Sep 15, 2005
Cresson, PA
I understand completely. I love the idea of a club in the area, but I don't know if it would make much difference or not. I have been wanted to attend one of the meetings down in Riverside(? bottom of Eisenhower Blvd?) of the coin club, but just haven't had time to get there. There always seems to be too much going on - and it always affects my detecting time in the summer as well.
Tom

molonlabe64

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2014
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checking to see if this thread might still be active. New to MD'ing this year so shoot me a msg if there is a hunt planned for Cambria County or surrounding area. ML64

monte952003

May 11, 2014
Blairsville PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
GARRETT AT Pro
GARRETT GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone still looking for friends to hunt with I'm from Indiana county and always looking for people and aces to go

treyyoder

Aug 13, 2012
Johnstown PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Monte, I live in Richland, and am interested in trying to start some sort of relic hunting / md club. Or just going on a hunt sometime.

monte952003

May 11, 2014
Blairsville PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
GARRETT AT Pro
GARRETT GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds good I'm always looking for people and places to go

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread