Elk Co?

hotrod53

Dec 20, 2008
south of Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Jetco Coinmaster, Jetco Huntmaster, Whites 5000-D, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Cutlass II, Minelab 705 Gold, 6" Coiltek Digger coil, currently Minelab Etrac, RNB battery pack, and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I have done some MDing around Marienville, Elk/Forest County, I have a camp in the area. I have found it difficult to find good hunting places around that area since it was sparsely populated back in the day and it seems as though anything older is still in use. It may also have something to do with research, I seem to find much more in the way of spots around here in Pittsburgh. Yeh, if I wanted to hunt parks for modern stuff I could probably do that, but I got away from that years ago. I would much rather search an old homesite than a park. I probably need to talk to you to find the good spots!

Recently I got permission to hunt the old abandoned church off of 899 outside of Marienville. I hunted it good and hard about three times, what a disappointment, not much to be found. Because I'm not from the area I kind of focused around rt 899, I did however find one hotspot a few years ago that turned up some good treasure.

OP
OP
R

redsummit

Oct 1, 2007
the valley. considered the byrnedale, weedville, or maybe even force area.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
redsummit said:
the valley. considered the byrnedale, weedville, or maybe even force area.

I tired detecting that old ball park in weedville. Around the bleachers and swings. Nothing! Ground was real sandy...maybe flood silt build-up?
Gonna be stayin up in Coudersport for a couple days next week. Stayin at the Lindy motel and gonna check out the area below Austin.

Al

Explorr

Tenderfoot
Jun 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all New 2 me from NW PA

We are from Kane PA. About 1 hr from Olean NY, Bradford PA, St. Mary's & Warren. We have not bought equipment yet for hunting but hope to travel & hunt including mountains, water & gold. Would love to know about equipment, groups, hunting in general etc...
Thank you
Explorr

Hutch71

Sep 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello redsummit Iam from DuBois I know os some places down this way but i have heard of some good places up your way but I dont how good it is if you like to send me a message maybe we can get togther and metal detecting

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt redsummit will reply to you. The last time he was on TreasureNet was Aug. 14, 2013.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread