Looking for people to hunt with in Columbia

johnhardt03

Greenie
Jan 3, 2011
Hey bud I am in Columbia, kinda new to this thing but I agree it would be great to have a partner...shoot me an email and lets plan a hunt!

ledane70

Jan 13, 2011
irmo,sc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey guys

i am in columbia working, live over by florence, but here 98 percent of the time,
just got my 505 in today.. wat u say when all this ice melts we get a hunt together.. im pretty much a rookie
but love it..

email [email protected]

let go digging!!

Brooklyn

Greenie
Jan 2, 2009
Lexington, South Carolina
I live near Columbia Sc and anyone wants to go hunting Let me know. I have most weekends off and some weekdays. Let know I am ready to go.

Maybe if we get enough people in the area we can start an MD club??

Brooklyn

dwatson4

Sep 8, 2010
West Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
E trac, F75, Garrett Sea hunter II
Hey guys,

The Palmetto Relic Hunters Club meets the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM at the Cayce historic museum on 12th street (behind Granby Gardens Park)

There is about 30 or so like minded individuals that attend regularly, mostly relic hunters, a few coin shooters, and some bottle hunters too. We generally have a guest speaker every month, very entertaining and informative, as well as several club events during the year. Our meetings are open to the public, membership dues are nominal and very well worth the investment. Our membership covers a pretty wide area so chances are you can hook up with someone in your area or get pointed in the right direction.

We keep our members informed on civil war shows, coin shows and clubs, dig events and any legislation that may effect our hobby in SC.

We also have a sister club in Aiken SC

I can't stress enough what your missing in this hobby if your not in a club so come be a part of this great club.

Feel free to PM me for more information.

SaludaTeacha

Feb 19, 2011
Leesville, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dwatson4 said:
Hey guys,

The Palmetto Relic Hunters Club meets the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM at the Cayce historic museum on 12th street (behind Granby Gardens Park)

There is about 30 or so like minded individuals that attend regularly, mostly relic hunters, a few coin shooters, and some bottle hunters too. We generally have a guest speaker every month, very entertaining and informative, as well as several club events during the year. Our meetings are open to the public, membership dues are nominal and very well worth the investment. Our membership covers a pretty wide area so chances are you can hook up with someone in your area or get pointed in the right direction.

We keep our members informed on civil war shows, coin shows and clubs, dig events and any legislation that may effect our hobby in SC.

We also have a sister club in Aiken SC

I can't stress enough what your missing in this hobby if your not in a club so come be a part of this great club.

Feel free to PM me for more information.

I'd like info about both clubs actually. I'm in Leesville, almost halfway between both. If anyone is going in the Lexington area and wants a friend to go along let me know.

dwatson4

Sep 8, 2010
West Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
E trac, F75, Garrett Sea hunter II
tdriggers said:
Brand new to MDing and looking for someone to teach me.

Tim

The palmetto relic hunters club meets the second tuesday of every month at the Cayce museum on 12th street at 6:30 pm. Mostly men aged 30-60. Mostly in to civil war relic hunting. there is a few of us into coin hunting, some bottle diggers. a good time, free to the public, $15 membership fee per year, kick ass Christmas party. several sponsored hunts during the year.

I cant stress enough if you really want to make the most of this hobby that you get involved with a club. you will meet like minded people that can help you learn how, when, where and who when it comes to metal detecting.

I recommend you watch a few videos on the proper way to dig and fill a hole, tearing up public property is the surest way to get our hobby banned.

That being said, what are you interested in finding and what machine do you have?

Dwight

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread