Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will be visiting Edisto Beach the middle of September. Are there any restrictions for metal detecting on the beach? Appreciate any info you can give me on this.

CoastalSChunter

Oct 5, 2011
baywalker said:
Will be visiting Edisto Beach the middle of September. Are there any restrictions for metal detecting on the beach? Appreciate any info you can give me on this.

Hey Baywalker

i have md'd there b4, but i took this from the chamber site,

Metal detecting is permitted on the public sandy portion of the beach, but do not expand the search area to any of the dunes. Our beaches are fragile and erosion has been a problem in some areas. Walking, disturbing sea oats, or digging in the dunes is prohibited. If your search should be near the State Park property we understand metal detecting is not permitted but you should confirm these policies with them. All of the plantations and historical sites are on private property and thus no metal detecting can be done without the owners’ permission. There is one business (Addam's Artifacts and Relic Hunting Adventures, 843-889-6073) that has access to some private property for these purposes. You may want to contact them for further details.

OP
OP
S

Summerville Joe

Aug 24, 2006
South Carolina
Edisto Beach, Folley Beach, Sullivans Island and Isle of Palms beaches are all open to Metal Detecting. As coastal sc hunter said, the dunes etc. are off limits. There is plenty of access points to the beach w/o walking on the dunes. Hey coastal sc hunter, if your in the Charleston area, come on up to Summerville on the first Saturday for one of our meetings.

summerville joe

CoastalSChunter

Oct 5, 2011
Summerville Joe said:
Edisto Beach, Folley Beach, Sullivans Island and Isle of Palms beaches are all open to Metal Detecting. As coastal sc hunter said, the dunes etc. are off limits. There is plenty of access points to the beach w/o walking on the dunes. Hey coastal sc hunter, if your in the Charleston area, come on up to Summerville on the first Saturday for one of our meetings.

summerville joe

that sounds good Joe, please PM me with info, id like to be involved with an active group here in this area.

Mels05toy

Nov 1, 2012
Fredericktown
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-20 Quick Silver 10" Spider coil, and also a Garrett AT Pro, with NEL Storm
and also a AT Gold. MineLab Equinox 800
And my newest addition: 2 sided 400 KG underwater salvage recovery magne
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Summerville Joe I'm in Charleston and I'd love to join the group. 8433644326. My name is Mel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread